azoo palm filter troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got the azoo palm filter for my mini bow and I'm already having issues.

Firstly, how do you change the flow? I want to make it minimum flow but it doesn't say how to do it. Any help?

Secondly, I unplugged the filter for a few minutes to change the water and when I plugged it back in it wasn't pouring out water, or sucking, and it was making weird noises. I'm not sure what to do i don't want to break it.

Any help?

Did you read the directions?

I don't have this filter, but I looked up pics and can see a knob on the top to adjust the flow. It probably needs primed before plugging it in ie fill it with water first.

Ok I fixed the noise problem I just forgot to fill it with water again. But when I try to turn the knob it seems stuck in place like someone super-glued it or something. Do you need some special instrument to turn it?

Use a coin or screw driver. I have had a couple of these. Great nano HOBs that run silent when properly installed... But the flow adjuster is always really stiff and tough to turn.

FWIW they last a long time too. I ran one for 3-4 years and it still works like new. I upgraded to a small canister filter on both my 5 gals... But the azoo palms worked wonderfully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom