Badis Babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ian_0969

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know how long it takes for Badis to grow to an inch? I have a whole bunch hatching now and my LFS says that I should wait till they are 1" before anyone will buy them. Any suggestions/hints on do's and don'ts with Badis fry?

Lots of quality, very small (like infusoria) food, very clean water. Badis are fairly slow-growing, so likely a couple-three months at the very least.

The LFS handed me Liquifry. I have an Eclipse tank with bio-wheel, but I think it pulls too much and will endanger the fry. I have tied a very fine mesh bag (actually a breeding bin) around the in-take. I am still worried that they are going to get sucked up against the mesh. Should I turn the filter off? Maybe get a different type? I do have an air stone going in the tank too. I have removed all the adult Badis from the tank, they are in a 10 gallon QT. I am going to be getting a 50 or 55 gallon this weekend. Since I am going to have a lot of Badis. :twisted: One of my other females is swollen w/ eggs too 8O

Thanks for the help! I got a sponge filter of the "dirt magnet" type and it works great.

Back
Top Bottom