Baffle on a 12 gallon Maineland eclipse aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love2Live2Love

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I was given a 12 gallon planted and established tank with 6 neon Tetras and a nerite snail yesterday. I plan on making a baffle before I add my betta, as the current seems too strong.

Issue #1: the bio-filter wheel isn't spinning. Help?

Issue #2: ideas on a baffle?

Thanks!20170826_085332.jpg00A0A_e6x6pzk1Hk7_1200x900.jpg

1. Try cleaning the little spikes on the side of the bio wheel.
2. Cut a water bottle in half left to right. Then cut the bottom portion top to bottom in the middle. Then out that in front of the output of the filter.

1. Try cleaning the little spikes on the side of the bio wheel.
2. Cut a water bottle in half left to right. Then cut the bottom portion top to bottom in the middle. Then out that in front of the output of the filter.
Awesome, thanks! I'll try that tonight.

Quick question.... Is the bio wheel supposed to have some kind of bearings to spin it freely, or am I just supposed to drop it straight into it's compartment?

Cool, ok well I'm getting on it now.... Been hectic moving these past few days and the only things left to move are the 3 tanks and guinea pig cage lol.... I'll go mess with that while I have a moment to breathe. I'll let ya know how it goes.... Thanks again!

No problem! And what a coincidence because I have three fish tanks and a guinea pig too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom