beneficial bacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1998golfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone here think that you could ship a piece of filter media with BB in it to "jump start" another tank? Would it survive the journey? Could you put some type of food in there too keep the BB alive during transit like some fish food that will decay over the shipping journey and keep the BB alive?
If this is possible I'd think there'd be a high demand for it.. anyways if anyone is willing to give it a shot let me know.

Thanks,
-1998golfer

Fresh.do you think it's possible for something like this to work?

So would you just put a pinch or so of flakes in there to try to keep it alive?
Edit: maybe one of those time release feeder blocks

So would you just put a pinch or so of flakes in there to try to keep it alive? Edit: maybe one of those time release feeder blocks
I'm thinking BB would just eat the algae build up that's on the filter cartridge?

This is the best stuff i have ever used. I have 20 tanks and every new tank i just regulate the temp overnight, add some of this stuff, add fish and DONE. Haven't lost a fish yet! Lots of people in my club use this too with the same results. Worth a try trust me.
https://www.tlc-products.com

Yes, it's absolutely possible to ship BB, as long as it doesn't get too hot or too cold. You won't need to supply the bacteria with ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom