Bert's 60g Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PPS-Pro and got all types of algae with maximum co2? [emoji23] we just can't win.

Haha yea I know right!?!? However I was dosing for a 5 gal tank but only dosing every 2 days (the amounts were to small to measure for a 2g) and 1ml excel every 2 days. I may have under estimated the power of the LED lol

I think it would be easier with presurised co2 and maybe a shorter time frame on the dry start. I'll have to try again at some stage ;)

Oh and I didn't have a timer on the light so sometimes it was 8 hours some times it was 12-14. I think I set myself up for a fail haha

Rastaman has some serious skills that's all I can say ;)

Haha yea I know right!?!? However I was dosing for a 5 gal tank but only dosing every 2 days (the amounts were to small to measure for a 2g) and 1ml excel every 2 days. I may have under estimated the power of the LED lol

I think it would be easier with presurised co2 and maybe a shorter time frame on the dry start. I'll have to try again at some stage ;)

Oh and I didn't have a timer on the light so sometimes it was 8 hours some times it was 12-14. I think I set myself up for a fail haha

I hear you on the algae Bert. An rastaman has some freaking awesome tanks.

I know am just messing with you bud [emoji4]. ''Tis hard to know what to do for for the best sometimes.

But it is true that there are tons of low tech tanks out there that suffer from algae [emoji848]

If someone actually knew the trigger would this hobby become boring?

I know am just messing with you bud [emoji4]. ''Tis hard to know what to do for for the best sometimes.

But it is true that there are tons of low tech tanks out there that suffer from algae [emoji848]

If someone actually knew the trigger would this hobby become boring?

Haha true true. I'm not too worried. 5 tanks is far too many. I'd be happy with 2 to be honest. I've still got that dam gold fish tank of the wife's too. She told me I had to water change it the other day [emoji36] zzzzz

I am down to 2 at home and one at work. I had 4 at home and too much.

Yea it's a pretty big hassle having so many. I'll be happy with just 3 when I strip down the 30.

Question guys. So I'm not happy with the polyfoam under my 60g. It falls abit short and doesn't cover the back vertical pane. Also falls short of 1 side aswell. I'm a little worried about the bottom cracking when I fill it. I've gone out and got some camping mat to replace it. However.... The tank is already scaped and in pretty heavy(4 bags of Eco in there, 36lb of substrate) do you think I'd be able to lift it off the stand and replace the foam? It's 8mm glass.

If I have to take off the trims around the top of the stand to slide it then I'll have to do that but I'd rather not. Do you think I could lift it with that kind of weight in it without breaking the tank??

Yea it's a pretty big hassle having so many. I'll be happy with just 3 when I strip down the 30.

Question guys. So I'm not happy with the polyfoam under my 60g. It falls abit short and doesn't cover the back vertical pane. Also falls short of 1 side aswell. I'm a little worried about the bottom cracking when I fill it. I've gone out and got some camping mat to replace it. However.... The tank is already scaped and in pretty heavy(4 bags of Eco in there, 36lb of substrate) do you think I'd be able to lift it off the stand and replace the foam? It's 8mm glass.

If I have to take off the trims around the top of the stand to slide it then I'll have to do that but I'd rather not. Do you think I could lift it with that kind of weight in it without breaking the tank??
Don't risk it. Bert. I wouldn't at least. Always good to be safe.

Don't risk it. Bert. I wouldn't at least. Always good to be safe.

Gah! Guess I'll have to slide it. Taking off those trims is going to be a pain :( I'll have to repaint the nails etc. I suppose I should have done it from the start.

1 thing is for sure I don't want to remove all the gravel and redo the scape again haha

U could leave some, jus don't move it with everything in it.

Yea I'm just looking at it now. I think I'll take out as much as a can and just leave the 2 slopes then attempt to move it. If I have to fix the scape abit then I guess that's not the end of the world. ;)

If i moved, it like that an it broke. ??Would get the evil look from the wife, cause she know I would be buying another tank to replace it.

If i moved, it like that an it broke. [emoji89][emoji857]Would get the evil look from the wife, cause she know I would be buying another tank to replace it.

I did it! Haha removed half the substrate (all the foreground and just left the slopes. Managed to move it from the stand to a table and put the Mat down then move it back. I tell you what it's hard work moving a 4 foot tank with substrate by yourself lol

The blyxa jap in the 30 has been getting eaten by the Angels, however it has started to change. Does it go a brownish colour in high light? Or am I seeing a sign of deficiency?

Pic: http://pho.to/Aac2f

Might be a defeciancy. In high light it gets like pinkish to light reddish tint.

Might be a defeciancy. In high light it gets like pinkish to light reddish tint.

Interesting, all my other plants a thriving. Maybe my levels just arnt ideal for it. To be honest I haven't noticed much sign of growth, both roots and new leaves. Everything else has take off really well.

That is interesting. Cleaned up the fluval I got off Craigslist. Might put the pump back in an set it up a low tech tank. Crypts, etc. Not to sure yet, get some kind of fancy shrimps to breed. Got to find a place for it 1st. I think the pump in the spec v was to strong for the mini m was only using it to keep the oily film on surface down to a minimum. Been staying on top of cleaning up dead plant leaves, read that where some of it comes from I have no fish so can't be food.

That is interesting. Cleaned up the fluval I got off Craigslist. Might put the pump back in an set it up a low tech tank. Crypts, etc. Not to sure yet, get some kind of fancy shrimps to breed. Got to find a place for it 1st. I think the pump in the spec v was to strong for the mini m was only using it to keep the oily film on surface down to a minimum. Been staying on top of cleaning up dead plant leaves, read that where some of it comes from I have no fish so can't be food.

I do like those fluval edges and v specs. Really cool little tanks.

So I planted all the HC today. I'm dry starting it for 1-2 weeks just to bed the roots in before I flood it.(I might get bored of it and just flood it anyway).

Starting to see progress! I like it.

Pictures: http://pho.to/AacVu

Back
Top Bottom