Best HOB filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always use 2 filters, not only to avoid dead spots (tanks are x2 55, 2x65 1x70,) but also because we have multiple black outs here in the boonies during the winter so if 1 goes tits up on restart there is always a back up. I have Penguin 330s on most of them but as they are an older filter replacement parts are no longer available so I am looking for a new brand/size to keep in reserve. After much lurking have come to the conclusion that AC 50s are the way to go assuming they will fit in the back space I have. Anyone see a problem?

probably no worries, I had an A.C. 110 as well as a Marineland 280 hanging on the back of my 65 gallon and pushed back close to a wall. I believe the back space on the A.C. 110 is bigger than the AC 50. Your 330 is pretty close to the same back space as my 280.
If I remember correctly the 330 is a double bio wheel. The 280 only has one. I think the 330 was just longer not wider.
Both were good filters. Mine is still running after 19 years, same tank.

Yeah the bio wheels are plus but I willingly admit that I don't replace them as quickly as needed - consider them a frill more than anything else

I've never replaced the bio wheel and only replace the filter pad once every six months.
Just wash it off and shake it out in the WC bucket. Marineland not making much money off me. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom