Best Livebearer Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishontheRock

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for peoples fish food opinions.

On Monday I'm receiving a shipment of a Endler's Livebearer starter breeding colony and I want to ensure I'm giving them the best food. Previously, I used different varieties of NLS for my fish. I'm wondering what the thoughts are currently on this type of food and if they make a small enough variety for the tiny mouths of male endler's.

Any thoughts any ones are highly appreciated!

A little late responding to your post. I, too, have a robust colony of black bar endlers. Because there are always so many fry at different stages of development, I feed decapped brine shrimp eggs, microworms, deshelled peas and crushed flake to the entire tank. Both adults and fry love the brine shrimp eggs and microworms.

Variety is more important than a single good food. I fed my livebearers (platies) spirulina flakes, shrimp flakes, NLS Pellets, and frozen brine shrimp, with the first and last being their favorites.

Thanks everyone for their advice. My Endler's arrived and are just amazing!

FishontheRock said:
Thanks everyone for their advice. My Endler's arrived and are just amazing!

Arent they! They have tons of personality, i hope you have a good experience with them

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Arent they! They have tons of personality, i hope you have a good experience with them

Two of the females arrived very gravid my guess is I'll have fry within a week. The two full grown males are little lotharios. But SO pretty. I got another male and female both just maturing and eight fry of indeterminate sex that look about 1-3 weeks old. Based on their sizes they can all be from the same drop.

Two are quite small and I think they may have been dropped by my smallest female in transit as there were only supposed to be six fry and the breeder insists there were no extras!

FishontheRock said:
Two of the females arrived very gravid my guess is I'll have fry within a week. The two full grown males are little lotharios. But SO pretty. I got another male and female both just maturing and eight fry of indeterminate sex that look about 1-3 weeks old. Based on their sizes they can all be from the same drop.

Two are quite small and I think they may have been dropped by my smallest female in transit as there were only supposed to be six fry and the breeder insists there were no extras!

Awesome! Ya mine have had unexpected babies, the first dropped 4 the second dropped eight so i guess it depends,on there size

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Awesome! Ya mine have had unexpected babies, the first dropped 4 the second dropped eight so i guess it depends,on there size

Goes to show pure Endler's don't cannabilize fry. My females were all packaged together and were fasting for 8days by the time I got them. It would have been so easy to make snacks of the new lite one.

They are tough little fish. Survived 7 days in breather bags and came out hungry but swimming!

FishontheRock said:
Goes to show pure Endler's don't cannabilize fry. My females were all packaged together and were fasting for 8days by the time I got them. It would have been so easy to make snacks of the new lite one.

They are tough little fish. Survived 7 days in breather bags and came out hungry but swimming!

Did you get them from ilikeendlers? Thats who i got mine from, great dood

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Did you get them from ilikeendlers? Thats who i got mine from, great dood

No I got them from a breeder of aquabids who was willing to ship to Canada. Very few breeders are. Her stock originated from some of AdrianHD's stock.

Back
Top Bottom