Best way to plant plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was sooo frustrated today! A bunch of my plants came out of the substrate! It's only a one gallon tank so I couldn't get them back in well!! I was so mad I just through them in a jar with substrate and put then in my 10 gallon! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411345688.351367.jpg

What is the best way to get plants in the substrate and stay in the substrate?

Sent from my iPhone

What plant is it?

The best way is with good quality aquascaping pinsettes.

Trim the roots to about 10mm in length and push stem into substrate about an inch.

I ask which plant as there is differences in methods of not only preparing but actually planting too

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have an Amazon sword and some sort of grass plant. I just bought them a little while ago and they came out of the ground. It was super frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone

Well gravel is harder to plant into than sand.

The grassy plants are easy. No real prep needed. Separate the main clump into maybe 5 or 6 smaller clumps. It should tear apart pretty easy. If you dont have pinsettes then try making a hole about an inch deep with your finger. Push the plant into the hole and scrape the gravel back around it

I just have substrate.. What is the tool you are talking about? And where can I buy it?

Sent from my iPhone

I just have substrate.. What is the tool you are talking about? And where can I buy it?

Sent from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411355719.216618.jpg

Essential for planted tanks. Not the best quality but will suffice for your needs.

Sorry its in pound sterling, im english. Probably comes in around $10

Obviously search for american sellers, or sellers nearby

Not as good but if you want them without ordering and can't find them local sometimes feeding tools for snakes/lizards work. They don't have as fine of a tip but the can get the job done

My substrate is already at least 2 inches deep. And thanks for the help everybody!

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom