betta and dwarf gourami in 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As stated in an earlier post, I'm pondering putting my dwarf gourami and a betta in a 10 gallon tank. I know these fish are related and sometimes aggressive but I just wanted to know if anyone thought it may work?

In a 10 gallon, I personally would not put the two together. Maybe in a 30 gallon or larger, but the 10 is just way too small for them to feel they have their own spaces.

It may work out with females, since they tend to be calm and some what social, perhaps some one else has experience with this. If one or both are males, then there is almost certianly going to be territory trouble in a 10g.

I have kept a male dwarf gourami with 2 female bettas with no problem but I would not try it with a male betta.

i have a male and female betta with a female gourami and they dont care much

Those angels are afraid of their shadow so I'm not too worried about the betta. These angels even shy away from the rainbows. The other angel I have is a different story.

yeah, the betta is probably better off in the 29 then the 10, the only problem is...every betta has a totally different personality...so one might go perfect with the gourami and another would not....so its all by chance....good luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom