Betta and Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 2 Bolivians and a male betta, the betta chases the rams quite a bit but he also chases my tetras too!

Overall I've had mine together for 6 months and apart from the chasing, they're fine (none have been attacked or nipped) so perhaps I just have an angry betta!

i wouldn't keep bolivian rams with bettas, no matter what size tank. i had two pairs of bolivians in my 45g, and they would chase my betta around attacking his fins. they also bullied other fish in the tank too. But if you keep german blue rams with bettas, they shoukd be fine. i've never had a problem with my bettas bullying other fish. it's ussually the other way around.:usa

Strange! My Bolivians don't bother any other fish at all... The only nightmare in my tank is the betta!

Yeah, well maybe mine where just unussualy teritorial. i don't know. When i first bought them i didn't know that much, so the guy at my lfs told me that they where female german blues. I took them home and had them for about a week and then thay started attacking everything in the tank. i went back to the store with a picture of them and asked another employee and she pointed to the sign on the holding tank and told me i had bought bolivians. They tore up everything in my tank. they ripprd up my poor halfmoon's fins, they almost killed some of my cories and they constantly chased mt tetras. so finally i got rid of them.

Yep, that should be good, you want to make sure you get a male female pair, and not two males, or they will fight if they don't each have a female for them to pay attention to. if you want to make sure to get a male/female pair, then get 4-6 of them and they'll pair up.

Oh yes! I've found my kribs to be very peacefull! You do need to make sure the ph and akalinity is right for them though. mine seemed sensitive when it came to changes in the water chemistry.

Ah, ok. then your probably better just going with the rams. hmmm, is there any other fish you where interested in? like loaches or catfish?

Those are really good, and hardy. Good choice! Corys are virtually bullet proof!

Back
Top Bottom