Betta breeding!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got swimmers! And quite a few...gotta pull pappa out soon... air is going an the little guys are flitting all over...forgot how small they are, from my last breed in the 70's, or my eyes have gotten that bad since then :fish2:

Yaaaaaay! Congrats. Mine made a month free swimming today.

:( I lost Lucky last night. Not sure why, he wasn't looking or acting sick at all, and the water was fine. I'm sad to have lost my little car crash survivor. But on the upside, I now have a little tank space available for another breeding male.

:( I lost Lucky last night. Not sure why, he wasn't looking or acting sick at all, and the water was fine. I'm sad to have lost my little car crash survivor. But on the upside, I now have a little tank space available for another breeding male.

Awe, Sorry Alyxx. :( he's now swimming in the creek below rainbow bridge with oodles of females for his choosing.

Hi my friends betta had eggs and it's around 24 hours later and they haven't changed, should they be bigger by this stage as its hard to believe theirs a wee fish in there. I don't think they're anywhere near ready for a tail to burst out any advice from someone that's seen the eggs development

It's over a week now and the little ones now look like fish and not bugs..They are now eating Micro worms as well as infusoria. Looks to be anywhere from 20-40 fry, but hard to count as they scatter in the light

It's over a week now and the little ones now look like fish and not bugs..They are now eating Micro worms as well as infusoria. Looks to be anywhere from 20-40 fry, but hard to count as they scatter in the light

When mine were that little I was sure only 3-4 made it... I now have 11, 7 week old fry! Good luck with your babies.

Was conditioning some wild guitar smaragdinas to go into the breeder the week but the female jumped through a minuscule opening in her lid so now I have to find a new one before going through with breeding.
Might try another of my pairs in the mean time, just trying to figure out which one, so many to choose from

I might try and get some pics later. The biggest is only about an inch long, but he was chasing and thus got jarred. I just went ahead and jarred... err... bottled... the next three biggest just to reduce competition for the smaller ones. I've also discovered that plastic 1.5L alcohol bottles are perfect betta containers! Flat bottom, decent volume, and there's a built in handhold! Going to be hitting up all my friends for empties... Good thing most of them drink the cheap stuff that comes in plastic.

Hey! I'm hoping to start breeding later this year. All my tanks are ready! I'm having some trouble finding good females though. I want to breed half moons. If anyone has any females other than vt you are selling could you please pm me? Or even if you just know of someone who might... I can't seem to find anyone who sells to Canada and isn't in Thailand :/

Hey! I'm hoping to start breeding later this year. All my tanks are ready! I'm having some trouble finding good females though. I want to breed half moons. If anyone has any females other than vt you are selling could you please pm me? Or even if you just know of someone who might... I can't seem to find anyone who sells to Canada and isn't in Thailand :/

I PM'd you! :D Nice to see another Canadian on here!

Woo! Got a 40 breeder for a new fry grow out tank, and a 10 for a new spawning tank. And I still have my 20 tall for a second grow out if I need it. And a 20 long for my marmokrebs so I can use the 5.5 they are in for another male. Now I just have to make room and build stands... And order more sponge filters and heaters. And a longer tube for my water changer because I am not doing a room with 7 tanks and 110 total gallons with a freaking bucket.

Woo! Got a 40 breeder for a new fry grow out tank, and a 10 for a new spawning tank. And I still have my 20 tall for a second grow out if I need it. And a 20 long for my marmokrebs so I can use the 5.5 they are in for another male. Now I just have to make room and build stands... And order more sponge filters and heaters. And a longer tube for my water changer because I am not doing a room with 7 tanks and 110 total gallons with a freaking bucket.

Your local hardware stores may have affordable heavy duty shelving kits. I bought one where each shelf can hold up to 500 pounds! Also, it was on sale which was nice. :)

Your local hardware stores may have affordable heavy duty shelving kits. I bought one where each shelf can hold up to 500 pounds! Also, it was on sale which was nice. :)

Oooh, that sounds nice. I will look at those before I commit to cinder block and wood stands.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I got a pretty double tail male yesterday. I plan on breeding him at some point soon.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the shelf?

I'm breeding to regular bettas because they're very attracted to each other and I have two dragons getting ready for breeding( second dragon is coming in Wednesday if they can get the order right lol)

Back
Top Bottom