betta entertainment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think if you have it there often then yes. Occasionally should be OK. They live a nerfy, comfortable existence in the aquarium - they never have to fight another Fighter for example.

A bit of stress is good for everyone.

Get a cat - cats always seem to go for just the fighter!

They do seem to like a well planted tank having lots of plants to swim in and around will help, and live food every now and again will help imo.

ShadoeFox said:
Java fern basically takes care of it self. As for stress, technically roller coasters cause us stress.. Heh. Fighter gotta fight.

What kind of light does it need i got an incadecent one.

Yep, the mirror trick is a nice way to keep them happy, and watch them haha. A few minutes a day will keep him healthy and exercised. Just don't leave it all day. Java fern is fairly low light, your bulb will probably do. Make sure you tie it to a rock or wood, don't stick it in the substrate.

--Adeeb

stick your finger tip in.as soon as something touches the surface my betta attacks/trys to eat it,its hilarious watching her try and catch my finger

adeebm said:
Yep, the mirror trick is a nice way to keep them happy, and watch them haha. A few minutes a day will keep him healthy and exercised. Just don't leave it all day. Java fern is fairly low light, your bulb will probably do. Make sure you tie it to a rock or wood, don't stick it in the substrate.

--Adeeb

I dont have any decorations either.

I dont have any decorations either.

What size tank? I don't use decorations really for a betta in a small 2.5 or 5 gallon tank. I don't like fake plants and males with their fins can get them messed up in some fake trees and stuff if there is anywhere they can get caught. Good ideas are coffee cups or flower pots for caves. Mine always like to have one or two of these too:
Amazon.com: Zoo Med Betta Leaf Hammock: Kitchen & Dining

If you have a betta in a small tank with little or no filtration like lots of people do I prefer not to have much for decorations or gravel/sand as it is just more to try to keep clean.

Some like a ping pong ball to float under too. I had a pretty red boy we kept on the dining room table in a big punch bowl, he loved his ping pong ball. Get a box at Wallyworld and you have a lifetime supply, unless you actually use them for ping pong too.

What size tank? I don't use decorations really for a betta in a small 2.5 or 5 gallon tank. I don't like fake plants and males with their fins can get them messed up in some fake trees and stuff if there is anywhere they can get caught. Good ideas are coffee cups or flower pots for caves. Mine always like to have one or two of these too:
Amazon.com: Zoo Med Betta Leaf Hammock: Kitchen & Dining

If you have a betta in a small tank with little or no filtration like lots of people do I prefer not to have much for decorations or gravel/sand as it is just more to try to keep clean.
yes i just have a 5 gallon. i got a 10 gallon rated filter with gravel as substrate. i have coffee cups cups i washed them. can i still use them??

yes i just have a 5 gallon. i got a 10 gallon rated filter with gravel as substrate. i have coffee cups cups i washed them. can i still use them??

Sweet.
I've used several coffee cups that had been washed. I just rinse them well to make sure to get all the soap out.

Back
Top Bottom