Betta fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does my betta have fin rot?
He lives in a 5.5 gallon.
Weekly water changes of about 15-20%
Water levels are 0 ammonia
0 nitrite and about .5 on nitrate.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392666753.820211.jpg

Does my betta have fin rot?
He lives in a 5.5 gallon.
Weekly water changes of about 15-20%
Water levels are 0 ammonia
0 nitrite and about .5 on nitrate.
View attachment 223178

How long have you had the betta? If its new they almost always come with fin rot due to poor handling and less than adequate diet and space in pet stores. Bettas are generally tough and if its a new one then good water quality alone should be enough to heal up.

If you've had him a while them something had stressed him enough to develop fin rot and you need to keep water quality up and keep a healthy varied diet until it heals up.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How long have you had the betta? If its new they almost always come with fin rot due to poor handling and less than adequate diet and space in pet stores. Bettas are generally tough and if its a new one then good water quality alone should be enough to heal up.

If you've had him a while them something had stressed him enough to develop fin rot and you need to keep water quality up and keep a healthy varied diet until it heals up.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had him for about 2-3 weeks. He got stuck in his filter intake about a week ago and his fins got torn. They look better but I was scared he was getting fin rot now.

Back
Top Bottom