Betta in a community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A small tip on what not to keep with a beta. And that would be the fish in the pic. I cant remember its name.

View attachment 77151

In my tank after 6 months i decided to buy some new fish. I bought 1 beta and thefish in the pic. The moment the fish in pic saw the beta it launched a full on attack. It was eating the beta.

I separated them( moved the beta out) and after a couple of hours introduced the beta again. And history repeqted itself bit when i removed the beta by morning it was with God.

Aquarists beware you do not want to see beautiful fish being savagly attacked

Holy smoke I know this is an old post, but did you ask about the Fish you were buying or tell the person selling it to you that you were putting it both in together? You need to research before buying and mixing species. Oscars or any Cichlids would see a betta as either food or an intruder in its space. I have Oscar with Convicts and Blood Parrot All Cichlids all compatible why? I research....I have a Betta with a Oto catfish...no issues. Why? Research. Also Oscars are not the most aggressive, There are African Cichlids that are way more...They would have killed the Betta for Territory at least the Oscar was looking at the betta as food. Since that Betta probably to it (oscar) looks like a Guppy that he probably was fed prior to you buying.

Back
Top Bottom