betta in bright green or bright yellow water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've seen this a few times now in shops- betta in small tanks, filled with very bright green or very yellow water.

It's not algae, and it's only in the betta tanks. Looks deliberate to me.

Could it be medication? Or some special betta thing I don't know about?

Solution the put in the water to help with stress they ship them in the containers you see them being displayed. The conditions betas are shipped in are really not good at all.

Solution the put in the water to help with stress they ship them in the containers you see them being displayed. The conditions betas are shipped in are really not good at all.

Ok that makes sense.
I wondered if it could be something like that. I plan to buy one soon, am a bit torn whether I should go for one that looks fine and is in a decent tank in the shop, or rescue one from one of the vase displays :-(

I saw some in blue water, but never in yellow water... Maybe it's nasty water ?

Anyway, bettas are tortured in LFS.

The yellow water ones I saw were in tiny jam jars with the lids on. :-(

I wonder / hope the colouring provided oxygen somehow.

Betta don't require aerated water because they can breath a bit out of water.

They can be kept without filtrations because they are ammonia warriors.

He will die in this situation. Betta is like human, it consume O2 and convert it into CO2. When O2 level will drop, he'll suffer a long time then die.

They usually will have holes or at least they should have holes in them. I like the way my lfs does it. They are kept in the small little betta bowls but they rigged a filtration system with they little mini tubes so they have freshwater in and dirty out. They have a wall all fitted with these. The one down side to it I guess is that even if they don't have a betta in the bowl they still have to run the system with an empty bowl.

Back
Top Bottom