Betta Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine doesnt bother my snail just investigates it when on the
Glass near his corner lol other than that hes fine with it you could try the black mystery snail or mystery snail in general

BettaGal said:
Then I will have to try a black mystery snail or a dark form of the snail in general. Buddy isn't a fan of bright things, for some reason.

Each one is different lol mine is peaceful and playful i did my research like you did funny thing is my betta is opposite of what my research came up with lol most say they dont like currents yet mine plays with outflow of the filter and lets himself be blown across the tank he also lets the bubbles lift him up he is odd lol

I'm not the only one with a retarded betta fish!:lol: Mine frequently bites the air current from the airstone and likes to stick his backside in it and let his backside get floated up. Occasionally he likes to bump into the air tubing or the filter itself (gently, no damage has been done) and then ninja-fly halfway across the tank. And he will do this several times a round.

BettaGal said:
I'm not the only one with a retarded betta fish!:lol: Mine frequently bites the air current from the airstone and likes to stick his backside in it and let his backside get floated up. Occasionally he likes to bump into the air tubing or the filter itself (gently, no damage has been done) and then ninja-fly halfway across the tank. And he will do this several times a round.

Mine did that for a bit too lol but now hes all settled in lol

BettaGal said:
I'm heading to get a mystery snail. Would you recommend getting a veggie for him/her while I'm out, and is there any special fixing for said veggie?

I use frozen green beans you can either let it thaw out ir blanch which means dropping it into boiling water for a few seconds basically instant thaw and makes it soft

BettaGal said:
Do you think I should get him some and feed him when we get back or should I wait a day or so?

I would wait a day or so let them get used to each other and see how the snail is liking his new home

So, every reliable pet store had no dark snails except the last one, and all their mystery snails had been eaten by the fish they had in the same tank. Doesn't sound pleasant to me, but life is life. They had small olive nerites and a black horn snail, and since I have a betta that likes to run into everything, I went with a nerite. It's a lot smaller than I expected, but I think it would be okay and not become a betta's potato chip. He's olive drab color. Any random other things I should be advised of with a little nerite?

BettaGal said:
So, every reliable pet store had no dark snails except the last one, and all their mystery snails had been eaten by the fish they had in the same tank. Doesn't sound pleasant to me, but life is life. They had small olive nerites and a black horn snail, and since I have a betta that likes to run into everything, I went with a nerite. It's a lot smaller than I expected, but I think it would be okay and not become a betta's potato chip. He's olive drab color. Any random other things I should be advised of with a little nerite?

I believe nerites get big and are scanvangers plus i think they eat algae anybody can correct me if im wrong i havent kept them before so im not sure

If it gets too big, my grandparents want a fish tank, so I could help them get one and give them the snail, who yet remains nameless. I fed Buddy just now and will soon acclimate Mr. Snail to the tank after turning the filter off temporarily and removing some of the water.

BettaGal said:
If it gets too big, my grandparents want a fish tank, so I could help them get one and give them the snail, who yet remains nameless. I fed Buddy just now and will soon acclimate Mr. Snail to the tank after turning the filter off temporarily and removing some of the water.

Sounds like a plan do some research on the one you got so you know what the best care and feeding is hood for it

I'll continue my research after my wonderfully delicious college weekend dinner. I probably put the glorious burrito on hold so I can attempt to acclimate Mr. Snail before Buddy decides it's time to play bump-into-everything. Now that his little tummy is full, he's peacefully resting between the caves and not caring that I'm eating something wrapped in shiny foil. And I just caught him in the stash spot again. Already. (In scolding frustrated voice) I just cleaned that all out a few hours ago!:banghead: Good thing I got a snail to hopefully clean this mess up so I don't have to.

So far, just as expected. Buddy is exploring the bag, wonder what on this planet I put in his house. Although he can't see the snail yet, so we'll just have to wait on that one.

BettaGal said:
So far, just as expected. Buddy is exploring the bag, wonder what on this planet I put in his house. Although he can't see the snail yet, so we'll just have to wait on that one.

Mine did that time will tell though

Well, I haven't tried releasing the snail yet. Buddy was really curious until he bumped into the edges of the bag. for some reason this pet store has bags that have almost like a little extra plasticky stuff around the seam. Buddy ran into that, which gave him a lovely spook. He's slowly returning to see the snail move around. For a little while he was staring at it like it was the coolest thing ever. He couldn't look away and was following it around the bag. I'm researching them on another tab, but I might end up making a post here asking for expert advice from people who seem to have been caring for fish since they were created.

Just thought.I'd add my 2 cents lol. I have an adult male betta in a 10 gallon with 2 golden mystery snails. Havent had any incidents yet. They all just ignore one.another.

Back
Top Bottom