Betta showcase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I'll try that... I need to do something, because I think he plots my demise every time I'm not watching...

Even though i said bettas will be bettas well...mine lets me pet him :D I was adding snails to my tank and he was so close to my hand. Really neat fish i got. He still thinks he's king of the tank though and i'm nervous about adding shrimp.

Mine is deff. The king of his tank! But he still knows who's boss.
And if your betta get rid of you, who will do pwc.s?????

i really want to add RCS but they're small and i know he'll eat them. Are there any shrimp that aren't plain transparent?

I have cherries, amano, and a vampire shrimp with my crowntail. I've done ghost before, but they stink haha. The cherries would work, but the betta might snag a few babies here and there (cherries breed pretty fast though) ninja shrimp are cool, and they change colors at will.....

I have cherries, amano, and a vampire shrimp with my crowntail. I've done ghost before, but they stink haha. The cherries would work, but the betta might snag a few babies here and there (cherries breed pretty fast though) ninja shrimp are cool, and they change colors at will.....

I'm liking ninjas but i think i might try 6-7 red cherries. If the reproduction gets out of hand i'll have live food lol

Yup, or sell them. From what I've read, they won't outbreed if there isn't enough supporting food.. so maybe pop. Can be controlled. (Only have the 3 cherries till this next week, when I snag 20 woootwooooooot)

Haha well i should be getting them this weekend. I'll update in my betta thread(check my sig)

Wow. My a single one of my cherrie shrimp just "faught off" 3 hungry amanos for some algae tab... they deff. Got spunk for little shrimps

Wow. My a single one of my cherrie shrimp just "faught off" 3 hungry amanos for some algae tab... they deff. Got spunk for little shrimps

haha i always loved shrimp. They add a little more enjoyment to your tank.

Sorry for being all over the place here, but amanos do a super job cleaning up food, and especially algea, so if your goin planted, that's somthing to think about (all my hairgrass is algea free)

My nerites are doing a great job with algae so far. I dunno i might just grab whatever shrimp my LFS has. I'll be looking for ninjas or RCS.

Shipping is a killer though. I'll be happy with RCS which i know my LFS has.

I know this is an old thread, but I am using it anyway. Lol. The male is Manfield an dthe female is Daphnia.:)

Attachments

• P7231438.jpg
    P7231438.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 96
  • P7231448.jpg
    P7231448.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 120
i forgot to put a pic of my new male,im gonna try to breed him with my female

:facepalm: thats my female ill put one of my male soon

Attachments

• 8 17 11 012.jpg
    8 17 11 012.jpg