Betta with lump on side of belly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RachelG

Aquarium Advice Activist
My female betta has looked fat for a long time, and since she seemed healthy, I just thought she might be full of eggs. For the past month and a half, she has had a bump growing slowly on the right side of her belly. Aside from the bump, she seems to be healthy. She is eating well and is active. I have added a video showing her being curious toward the camera, and you can see the belly bump in it. I have tried fasting her for several days a few times, and this never seems to get rid of her big belly. Could this be an egg problem? Bloating? Constipation? Tumors? Whatever it is doesn't seem to bother her, but I'm worried...

She is in a ten-gallon tank by herself with a filter and heater(The weather temperature has been in the mid-eighties for a while so the heater is basically dormant...). She's about two years old, I think. I feed her new life spectrum mini sinking brand pellets (because she stopped eating the bio gold stuff) and occasionally freeze dried or frozen blood worms. I have been thinking about giving her frozen brine shrimp as an occasional meal but haven't actually gotten around to buying any...

My female betta has looked fat for a long time, and since she seemed healthy, I just thought she might be full of eggs. For the past month and a half, she has had a bump growing slowly on the right side of her belly. Aside from the bump, she seems to be healthy. She is eating well and is active. I have added a video showing her being curious toward the camera, and you can see the belly bump in it. I have tried fasting her for several days a few times, and this never seems to get rid of her big belly. Could this be an egg problem? Bloating? Constipation? Tumors? Whatever it is doesn't seem to bother her, but I'm worried...

She is in a ten-gallon tank by herself with a filter and heater(The weather temperature has been in the mid-eighties for a while so the heater is basically dormant...). She's about two years old, I think. I feed her new life spectrum mini sinking brand pellets (because she stopped eating the bio gold stuff) and occasionally freeze dried or frozen blood worms. I have been thinking about giving her frozen brine shrimp as an occasional meal but haven't actually gotten around to buying any...

I am unable to watch the video for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom