Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmckee727

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is one of our bettas, my (at the time 3yr old) named him "Neighborhood". Don't ask, I think it was a new word for him at the time?

image-3237451705.jpg

Thx! He is cool, he eats out of your hand and will jump a pretty good ways to get it.

He's very pretty, and you just have to love the names kids come up with...
And not to be a downer, but training Bettas to jump isn't a very good idea. I've heard lots and lots of horror stories about how someone's betta was trained to jump for food and met their end by jumping out of their tank. Bettas are good jumpers naturally, and rewarding this behavior makes it more likely that they will do it. Is there a lid on his tank?

He's very pretty, and you just have to love the names kids come up with...
And not to be a downer, but training Bettas to jump isn't a very good idea. I've heard lots and lots of horror stories about how someone's betta was trained to jump for food and met their end by jumping out of their tank. Bettas are good jumpers naturally, and rewarding this behavior makes it more likely that they will do it. Is there a lid on his tank?

Thx, there are lids on both of the betta tanks but I could definitely see that being a problem if they didn't. I don't usually feed them like that but like to occasionally to keep him on his fins lol

Thx, there are lids on both of the betta tanks but I could definitely see that being a problem if they didn't. I don't usually feed them like that but like to occasionally to keep him on his fins lol

As long as they have good lids it isn't much of a problem. I've had Bettas that would jump for food, too, but I have a rule about all my betta tanks having either a good lid or a minimum of five inches from the top of the water to the top of the glass. I've had Bettas jump out before, though thankfully I've always been nearby when it happened. Usually it has been out of a cup when I was cleaning their tank.

Back
Top Bottom