Betta..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxNoobxX

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a betta fish... Im just wondering why he is building these bubble nest i heard it is used to lay eggs but my question is... Why is he building it when he has no female around.?? is he probably bored?? Here i will send a pic of him..

image-1078653137.jpg

And i wanna know if like can bettas have babies with other bettas like a halfmoon with a female veiltail.??

I don't breed bettas but I'm relatively sure they would breed. As for the bubble nest, males often build these nests even when females aren't present. It's quite common.

I have a betta fish... Im just wondering why he is building these bubble nest i heard it is used to lay eggs but my question is... Why is he building it when he has no female around.?? is he probably bored?? Here i will send a pic of him..

And i wanna know if like can bettas have babies with other bettas like a halfmoon with a female veiltail.??

Hi there...
I know some about angels and also some about bettas so here I am again. Male bettas will indeed make bubble nests even if they have no partner. Mating bettas is possible but very tricky because they are aggressive when mating. Once the female lays eggs, you have to move her out quickly as dad guards the eggs and will kill her or any other fish. It's usually only done by aquarists who have experience with bettas. The mating itself can be very aggressive and end in death for the female. You should do some research on bettas. They're great little fish to keep but the more info you have, the better...
Hope that helps.

Hi there...
I know some about angels and also some about bettas so here I am again. Male bettas will indeed make bubble nests even if they have no partner. Mating bettas is possible but very tricky because they are aggressive when mating. Once the female lays eggs, you have to move her out quickly as dad guards the eggs and will kill her or any other fish. It's usually only done by aquarists who have experience with bettas. The mating itself can be very aggressive and end in death for the female. You should do some research on bettas. They're great little fish to keep but the more info you have, the better...
Hope that helps.

Yes it does helps thank u... Again hehehe :)

Males will build nests with no female around. You can take it as a sign you are doing something right, since fish usually won't show breeding behaviors if they are unhappy. And yes, different tail types can and will breed. But betta breeding should only be attempted after lots of research because it can get violent. The male or the female could end up killing it's mate. The fry can also be a bit tricky to raise since they start off incredibly tiny.

Back
Top Bottom