Bettababe's 10 Gallon Betta Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maxwellag said:
You could probably grow plants if you got better CFL bulbs for that hood. :)

I can't afford to go all out on lighting and stuff for this tank. Most of my money is being saved for the reef tank I'm planning. I think I may get some java ferns, though. Any other low light plants that would work?

Bettababe1011 said:
I can't afford to go all out on lighting and stuff for this tank. Most of my money is being saved for the reef tank I'm planning. I think I may get some java ferns, though. Any other low light plants that would work?

Anubius and anachris

Bettababe1011 said:

I got a 4 pack of the good bulbs from Menard's for $4... Not sure how much money you have though.

Oh. I'll look. I'm not super concerned with lighting, cause I just want a few easy to care for, low light plants.

Bettababe1011 said:

Hi! I just so happened to pass by your thread. If you pay the shipping (I think it's 3.50$ for a flat rate bubble wrapped thing) I could send you a few stems of anacharis if you'd like! They're great plants, and do better free floating IMO. I could probly send you juvie stems (yes, there is a difference, will explain at end of post) where do you live? I hope we can do something, and save you a little cash :)

It would be amazing if I could do that, but I'm only 14, so my mom wouldn't like me giving anyone an address to send stuff too.

alia258 said:
Hi! I just so happened to pass by your thread. If you pay the shipping (I think it's 3.50$ for a flat rate bubble wrapped thing) I could send you a few stems of anacharis if you'd like! They're great plants, and do better free floating IMO. I could probly send you juvie stems (yes, there is a difference, will explain at end of post) where do you live? I hope we can do something, and save you a little cash :)

Oooooops! I forgot to explain haha. Juvies have thinner stems and leaves, and the leaves are more dense. Adult plants have thicker stems and leaves and have more space in between the leaves

Bettababe1011 said:
It would be amazing if I could do that, but I'm only 14, so my mom wouldn't like me giving anyone an address to send stuff too.

Oh, okay, no biggie :)

They need a week to look brown before you should expect them to be green. The brownness is from the acclimation to the tank. They are very nice and green once they're comfortable :)

Okay. So, I realized that I had overdosed the ammonia, and it was closer to 8 ppm. So I did my first PWC! XD It definitely does not take much ammonia.

Certainly not that much ammonia, but since you don't have any fish, it'd be fine to leave it a little over, since no harm can really be done to anything cuz there's nothing in the tank to hurt. Or so I've been told, I honestly have no expirence in the subject of fish less cycling, but that's what I read elsewhere ^^

Lol, I know a lot about the fishless cycling process. It's very hard for someone as impatient as me, but I don't have time for as many water changes as are needed for an in fish cycle.

I prefer fish in cycles, because I don't have to deal with chemicals in the tank. And I have time for the large pwcs required :)

Urg, I'm so impatient... Would one water change a day be alright in a fish in cycle? I would change the amount according to the ammonia level. I'm trying to decide if I would have time to do a fish in cycle, even with school... Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom