Big Project / Any Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MGS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Next weekend I'm transferring the contents of my 100 gallon into a new 125. Bad thing is, the 125 has to go in the same space the 100 now occupies (lack of space). Will the amount of sand I have in the 100 be enough (around 170 pounds)? I think I should use all the water and just add new to fill the tank and the 30 Gallon sump I'm making. I have 3x20 gallon Rubbermaid containers to hold the LR(around 180 Pounds). The Corals and fish are going into my 54 gallon with some of the water I pump out of the 100. I'm adding 2x3' reflectors with 2x55W PC in each.
That should make a nice B-day present. Anything I've forgotten? Any tips will be greatly appreicated.
Money? I ain't got no stinkin' money since this reef thing started! LOL

Will the amount of sand I have in the 100 be enough (around 170 pounds)?

What is the footprint of the 125 in comparison to the 100? If the 125 is simply taller than the sand will be the same depth in the 125 as it is in the 100. But if the 125 is physically larger in footprint then you might want to run the calculation in our sand bed depth calculator so see what amount of sand you would need for a given depth.

It sounds like you have it planned out fairly well.

Thank you. Only the height is different (for more LR) LOL

Back
Top Bottom