Black molly problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK, I'm embarassed

I've been having tanks for many years. I have no problem with my African Cichlid tanks, but I have a problem with some black mollies/

I have a tank with an angel in it and I bought a trio of black mollirs for it. O the second day that I had the mollies one of the females started turning white near the mouth and died the next day. Noe, 2 weeks later I don't like the way that the other female looks. She's near the bottom of the tank and every so often does the "shimmy".
The Angel is not bothering the mollies. The water parameters are good, and the temperature is at about 80 degrees. I feed them Omega One Veggie Flakes.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Al

As with most imported fish, they are weakened and disease prone before you get them....Live bearers seem to be the most troublesome........Even in near perfect conditions many do not survive for long in the home aquarium..........
My advice is to look at what you are going to buy carefully.....Ask how long the dealer has had them and if they would feed them so you can get an idea of their general health...............Buying fish nowadays is a "crap shoot"

Black mollies esp have weakened immune systems IMO. I had several black mollies that had cotton mouth disease. I would agree that you ask how long the lfs has had the mollies or get them from a local breeder.

Back
Top Bottom