Black molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefman97

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I would like to change a black Molly from salt to fresh. What are the procedures? Thabks

I would drip acclimate the molly. A much more tedious procedure would be to add small amounts of salt to the tanks after every water change

I did a white molly 6 months ago and doing well. I took a pail and put some of the freash waster in it and then put a cup of water of salt water from my tank in. Put one cup every hour to hour and half. when containor was full drain half and did it all over again. Once the pail salt level equal my dt, I put it in. My molly is doing better in salt that fresh. Also did the same thing with guppies. They are doing great to and their color has really come out.

Haha, it's alright guys, I'd buy another one but my nearest fish store is 5.5 hrs away.

They can go from salt to fresh much faster drain 1/3rd of salt water and top off with fresh do this every day until it's all fresh

Back
Top Bottom