Black Moor with possible pop eye and fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No need to buy another test yet. When you have a chance, you could bring a sample of your tank into a lfs for a double check on your numbers. I know most chain stores use strips (which are not very accurate) but I'm just looking for something to double check that your tests are working properly. Just ask for actual numbers, not its 'ok' or 'safe'. If you have a good lfs that uses liquid tests, thats great! I just want to make sure we are not missing something here. :)

Sounds like a plan. I'll have someone check tomorrow and test myself and see what happens!

Well it sounded like a plan but both of the stores in my town test using strips. I have strips as well from when I first got the tank so I went ahead and used one myself to see. My liquid kit today gave me again ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 20 ph 8.0. The strip I used gave me the same safe ranges. They are still sitting on the bottom today. Diesels doing more of a low float while Mr. Peepers is totally sitting. I'm going to do another water change right now, along with the MB bath. And like before they are still happy to eat and see me up close.

Sorry you said numbers from the strip. :) The numbers were ph 7.2 kh 40 chlorine 0 gh 300 nitrite 0 nitrate 0-20. I did have one of the stores do the strip and it was the same as what I got. Same strips.

Thanks for checking! These guys went through a fishin cycle and you had high ammonia for a bit, right? I am wondering if everything is related to this or if there's something else going on as well. Let's give them a few (2-3) more days (unless something changes for the worse) then we can look at adding to your arsenal here. Please keep us posted!

Yes, they were in a fishin cycle which the ammonia became a problem. I can't say for certain how long it was bad. My timeline is getting fuzzy I've been working on it so much! But I used ammo lock to detoxify. If my tests are good then I've had good water for 11 days. It feels like its been a month! Lol Should I continue daily changes while I'm keeping an eye on them? They will still be getting the baths with new water added each time to the tank. Thank you!!! :)

Let's see how they are over the next day or two. If you feel they need a wc, by all means, do one especially if they seem to feel better afterwards. If they seem fine, then one isn't necessary. Use your judgement and base it on their behavior. :)

I'll keep an eye on the little guys, thanks for all the advice. I'll keep you posted!

Hello. So we are still having sitting issues but its mostly Mr. Peepers, and Diesel will float low sometimes. They still get up when I come to the tank and are happy to eat as well. I did a 50% pwc today and the last one was Friday. They had MB baths once a day. My numbers before the water change were the same. Nitrates 10-20, so hard to tell. Mr. Peepers eye is the same and today he has a rip in his tail but its in the middle and not ripped all the way to the bottom. Also I don't know if its from sitting but he has white spots (fungus?) on each of his two back fins on the same spot and one spot on the bottom of his tail. Diesel still has a few rips as well.

They really do seem happy though otherwise. It's weird. Also on another note. Diesel has been at the top a lot. He's eating air bubbles but I don't think they have a lack of oxygen, I have a power head in my tank. It wasn't until after I started giving sinking pellets and I make sure they sink but I'm thinking I might not give them any for a bit to see if he'll stop. Has this happened to anyone else? It's a new food for them. He had a poop with an air bubble attached so I just want to make sure he's ok! :) I've been reading all the bad stories!

Ok, I may have asked this earlier in your thread so I am apologizing in advance if this is a repeat question- are you in the US or another country? I want to make some further suggestions but I need idea of what may be available to you as some countries have very limited access to meds.

Would you be able to order some meds online? If not, we can work with your lfs has to try and get these guys back in shape.

Get some Metromeds, Medigold and praziquantel from the Goldfish Connection. You may want to check with your lfs first for Prazipro (made by Hikari). Chain stores will not carry it but if you have a decent store, they should so ordering praziquantel won't be necessary. The MM & MG can only be ordered from the GC as they make it themselves. They used to have a weird ordering thing that you needed to have a google or msn or something email address- not sure if they still do but I can post their phone number if you want to call and place an order instead. You won't be using everything at once but fish never get sick when it's convenient and the med foods are great to have in case of an emergency or if option one doesn't work, you already have option two ready. Ok, ask if you have questions! I am rambling a bit here! :)

Hello. I know my local store doesn't have the prazipro so I'll need to order that as well. On the website I'm assuming its the aqua prazi? Just wanted to make sure before I order! Thank you so much!

So as you know I ordered everything and I am still giving MB baths. Once a day for 30 mins. Today my little Moor, Diesel, is sitting on the bottom, always up to eat and visit but unlike Mr. Peepers i have to get his attention. So I checked my water today and my ph is coming up at 7.5. It was like that before and then raised to 8.0 and its been there for a bit and now it's back down. I'll have to look through my old posts to see the timeline. Is that too big of a change too soon? Yesterday it was hard for me to read it could have been 7.4 too but 7.4 and 8 are similar and my light wasn't as good.

I'm trying to post a picture from my phone so if it doesn't show up...oops. :) My two boys sitting together. :( Mr. Peepers big eye kinda covers Diesel. Sorry about the glare!

Attachments

• image-1241490943.jpg
    image-1241490943.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 59
Just a random guess but it's possible the ph difference was merely just your perception/light. I would check it tomorrow and see how it looks. Slight ph variations are not unusual but I wouldn't expect it to drop half a point without a reason. Looking at your pic on my cell and it looks like one fish, lol! :)

Yeah I hate to see them sitting but when they do it together like that they are so darn cute. I mean they are always cute. :) I checked the ph 3 times but I will for sure check again tomorrow right when I get home. Last time it was 7.5 was at the end of April. So we'll see tomorrow!

Been a long day! I was able to test my ph early while the light was good and it's reading 7.4 on the high test and 7.6 on the reg. so 7.5 is what I'll go with! Weird, I'm not sure how that would change like that but I'm planning another water change tomorrow so we'll see where we go from there. Lots of sitting but still eating and happy to see me. Diesel did a cute thing and went and tried to sit under Mr. Peepers tail. :)

Back
Top Bottom