Black Moor with possible pop eye and fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This evening Mr. Peepers got one if his fins snagged somewhere and he's now keeping it clamped as much as he can. I'll have to go through the tank tomorrow to try to move things since I'm not sure where he did it. I know they needs lots of roaming space. I basically want to make sure he's ok to go in the MB bath with his little fin like that? Also while I'm waiting for the meds should I continue giving the baths? I'm adding a pic of his fin. It's the right side of the picture. Thank you.

Attachments

• image-664447206.jpg
    image-664447206.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 51
Poor little guy! Mb baths are fine with his fin but lets give them the night off as to not stress him further right now. If you have some pantyhose around (not the super/all day type), run everything in the tank over them. If something snags the hose, it will snag fins and tails. Also make sure there's is nothing tight anywhere in the tank (such as a rock near glass) as a moors perception is a bit off and they will get stuck (and struggle and injure themselves). Just keep an eye on him! :)

He's already had his bath today and he did it after that so he's ok. I think it upset him though because he's sitting in the back instead of the front where he can see me. Thanks for the pantyhose idea, it's a good one! Any suggestions on how to hide a power head? :)

Hide a powerhead? Hmm... Real or silk plants is the best I can suggest as there isn't an easy way to disguise them.

Lol yeah I have a plant formation around it. And I still see WARNING. :) I just moved stuff around I really didn't want it to happen to him again. And now he's got new rocks to go through so win win.

So we've been dealing ok with the same issues and both fish are pretty much the same as before. Water still checks out although my Ph went back to 8.0. I swear it was 7.5 for over a week. I still don't know what happened. Also my nitrates dropped down to 5 over the last two weeks. Not suddenly though. I should be receiving my order tomorrow so I'm just preparing for what I'll need to do first. I'll be receiving metro-meds, medi-gold and aqua prazi. I'm assuming I'll be stopping the MB baths once I start whatever I'm starting? I'm ready to learn!

It would figure it's after 7 and I'm still waiting for the UPS truck. :). Mr. Peepers fin is doing better. He was using it normal the next day and its been healing. I'm sure it'll take a bit before its all back to normal but I have high hopes since his tail healed nicely when it had a tear.

Glad to hear mr Peepers is on the mend! Ok, so how are they doing overall? Still alot of bottom sitting? Any issues swimming? Eating? Heavy or rapid breathing? Still dealing with eye issues? Any improvement anywhere?

Ok so today they are actually pretty active, but they have been sitting everyday I've seen other than today. The last couple of days they've seemed to sit a little less, but I can't speak for during the day. :) But like always they are very active after feeding for a few hours usually and always come up to the tank when I'm looking in. They would also get up on their own and swim around at different times while sitting. They eat great and have no problems breathing. Diesel has this thing with making bubbles at the top but I think he just likes to do it, as weird as it sounds. He has no problem staying down and even when he sits he never gasps for air. But he gets air bubbles in his poop and I don't know how to make him stop doing it. I always sink their food. Anyway the white on Mr. Peepers tail is gone, he just has a couple of whiteish spots on his bottom fins and one side of his tail from sitting on the bottom. Neither have had any fuzzys on them. Mr. Peepers eye is still big and it seems to have stayed the same, not any bigger, not any smaller. Thank you :)

Stayed up late tonight. Mr. Peepers started sitting after everything had calmed but Diesel is still floating around. :)

Thanks! Ok, I want you to switch them to the metromed food and give them a full course. Make sure they are getting their daily veggies, too. Lets see how things go over the course of the next week. :)

I gave them their first meal of metro-meds this morning, and it took them a little bit to eat it but they got it all. So two weeks is a full course correct? I plan on giving them the metros in the morning and evening and veggies in the afternoon. Also since I have the white clouds I'm feeding them flake food but a small enough amount that they don't really let any drop to the bottom. That's the best that I can do with that. I know you aren't supposed to feed other foods with the metro so I hope that works. The goldies aren't very good at getting food while its floating around the tank anyway.

One more thing, should they continue to receive MB baths or are the done being harrassed by me. :) Thank you! I'm excited to see how this works out for them. They were both sitting when I got up this morning.

Sounds good! No need for bathes at this point unless theres a reason for them such as Mr Peepers fin develops fungus or an infection. Keep us posted!

Thank you! I'll be keeping a close eye on them. I always do though, I love looking at my tank. :)

Hello! Just a quick question and update. My power went out today and reset my heater which I was using really only for the digital thermostat. Unfortunately it raised my temp to 79. Well the heater is out for good to keep that from happening again and I have a small suction cup one in the tank. I've taken the lids off but cani change out a little bit of water every half hour or hour with cooler water to lower the temp. Like a few gallons? I have a 46g.

As for the treatment everything seems to be the same. Some days I see no sitting other days more of it. The eye is still large and today seems bigger but I feel like the temp may have brought that on. I don't really know but it's certainly a big coincidence. Still good eating habits. They've been a little more playful with each other lately too. :) Friday will be the 14th day of metro-meds.

On a side note JLK I read your article on My Aquarium Club about goldies and realized Mr. Peepers is not a Mr! Oops I'll be trying to just call HER Peepers from now on. :)

Also their poops seem to go from whiteish floaters to normal ones. Seems to vary daily. Diesel still eats bubbles and so even though he will have some more normal poops they'll float because there are air bubbles in them.

So I'm not sure why but my ammonia went to .25. I came home today and Diesel now has a larger eye on his left but looks to have a little fluid in both. I did a WC on sun, about 70% and another 60% today. I checked the levels on Sat (good) and Mon (good) and then today. Today the N03 was looking a little high as well but it definitely wasn't 40. I haven't done anything to the tank except bury a plant they dug up. I'll recheck my numbers tomorrow to see.

I guess since actually monitoring the water the proper way is still new to me I don't know what to make of a jump like that when my ammonia has been in check for over a month. God it seems like its been way longer!

Back
Top Bottom