Black spots on guppys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phil1984

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've had my tank set up about 3 weeks and had fish in for 2 weeks recently added 4 guppys and one of them has black spots on it any ideas what it could be

Your Guppies

I've had my tank set up about 3 weeks and had fish in for 2 weeks recently added 4 guppys and one of them has black spots on it any ideas what it could be

Hello phil...

Are you following the procedure for cycling a tank with fish? You should be testing the tank water daily for traces of ammonia and nitrite. If you have a positive test, you change 25 percent of the tank water and replace that with pure, treated tap water. You just test every day and remove and replace the water when needed. When you have several tests with no traces of the above toxins, the tank is cycled.

Toss in some individual stems of Hornwort or Anacharis to help filter the tank water. The cycling process takes roughly 30 days.

B

Is there any flashing? Actual black spot disease from the parasites I'm out on as I've never experienced that. I would think here it would be pretty rare rather than me being lucky.

Apart from that and chemical burns I can't think of much else. Interesting read the other thread. I've searched on this before for a black fungus just in case and only came across one reference so that seemed(?) rare as well.

Back
Top Bottom