Black spots on plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everybody. After not posting anything for so long I am back with a simple question.
My plants are getting black spots and some of them have little holes. I've seen other plans in the fish store that has them and I am sure it has to be something in relation with the water.
Anything I can use to keep them strong. At the moment I don't use anything to keep them healthy you can say. So any tips or liquid would help me and my plants. Thank you.
View attachment 274788View attachment 274789[/QUOTE]

Your lighting looks pretty dim. I'd say it is a result of:

Lack of lighting
Nutrient deficiencies

Caleb

Can you tell us more about your tank? Tank size, lighting and photoperiod, any ferts or liquid carbon, tank stock, etc.

Can you tell us more about your tank? Tank size, lighting and photoperiod, any ferts or liquid carbon, tank stock, etc.

20 gallons and 2 bulb lights
What's photoperiod?
no ferts or liquids.
I got 8 neon tetras, one platty, two Cory catfish

20 gallons and 2 bulb lights
What's photoperiod?
no ferts or liquids.
I got 8 neon tetras, one platty, two Cory catfish

Photoperiod is how long you leave your lights on everyday.

Your stock looks fine (I'd look at getting more corys to make them 5+)

Plants need nutrients in aquariums just like houseplants do. Most will not thrive without some form of supplementation.

Flourish comprehensive- every other day
API Leaf Zone- opposite days of above^
Flourish Excel- every day

This will provide your plants the nutrients they need to thrive.

You mentioned getting an LED. There's plenty of fancy LED out there that look great, but cannot support but the most basic plants. Do some research on which LED you want and if it will support plants.

Caleb

Photoperiod is how long you leave your lights on everyday.

Your stock looks fine (I'd look at getting more corys to make them 5+)

Plants need nutrients in aquariums just like houseplants do. Most will not thrive without some form of supplementation.

Flourish comprehensive- every other day
API Leaf Zone- opposite days of above^
Flourish Excel- every day

This will provide your plants the nutrients they need to thrive.

You mentioned getting an LED. There's plenty of fancy LED out there that look great, but cannot support but the most basic plants. Do some research on which LED you want and if it will support plants.

Caleb

Oh I leave them for about 10 hours or so, when I wake up and then when I go to sleep. And I will do my research:) and I will buy those nutrients :) thanks for the help

Oh I leave them for about 10 hours or so, when I wake up and then when I go to sleep. And I will do my research:) and I will buy those nutrients :) thanks for the help

No problem. Get those supplements and cut your light to 8 hours max with a better light and you should be set!

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom