Blue Ram Help/20 gallon Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Gillie, I'll keep that in mind. Probably gonna stick with the aqua clear though. Can Someone post what they would stock a 20 long with?

Nils

Thanks Gillie, I'll keep that in mind. Probably gonna stick with the aqua clear though. Can Someone post what they would stock a 20 long with?

Nils

I have a trio of apistos, 14 nannostomus marginatus, 2 otos and a hypancistrus sp gurupa in mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How do you have access to all these awesome fish? Do you think I could pull off 6 Cories, 2 GBRs, and a hypancistrus sp gurupa? Also, aren't those hypancistrus sp gurupa the same thing as zebra plecos? Thanks!

Nils

I have a trio of apistos, 14 nannostomus marginatus, 2 otos and a hypancistrus sp gurupa in mine.

That lil pleco doesn't steal the eggs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's new so who knows, I did however find that the more you spend on a pleco the less you see them

How do you have access to all these awesome fish? Do you think I could pull off 6 Cories, 2 GBRs, and a hypancistrus sp gurupa? Also, aren't those hypancistrus sp gurupa the same thing as zebra plecos? Thanks!

Nils

Nils

I have many contacts around the country and a few outside of it, so I can usually get anything I'm looking and some things I wasn't looking for but had to have, like this new hypancistrus.

I don't see why you couldn't do the corys and rams. Are you adding any tetras? Ruby or ember tetras always look good and are small enough to have a decent school.
The sp. Gurupa is more like a king tiger or similar species, but the gurupa seems to stay pretty much white.

He's new so who knows, I did however find that the more you spend on a pleco the less you see them

I have a trick for seeing mine more often.. i just placed the cave entrance facing the front of the glass and positioned it in such away that it was dark enough not to stress him but light enough for me to see him.. call it selfish but I only got him to look at.. and I've grown to enjoy the antics.. no corys allowed in the cave, he's like a nightclub bouncer and the corys are drunk and underage.. latahhhhh

I have a trick for seeing mine more often.. i just placed the cave entrance facing the front of the glass and positioned it in such away that it was dark enough not to stress him but light enough for me to see him.. call it selfish but I only got him to look at.. and I've grown to enjoy the antics.. no corys allowed in the cave, he's like a nightclub bouncer and the corys are drunk and underage.. latahhhhh

With all the driftwood I have in the tank it's nearly impossible to find him, the only thing that tells me he's still alive is all the poo

What do you busy think about this stocking plan?

6x Cory Catfish
2x GBRs
1 King Zebra Pleco
6x Harlequin Rasboras

True zebra plecos are around $200 and as gillie mentioned there is a very good chance you will rarely see it.. that stocking sounds good if you introduce Harleys first, corys and rams after a few months.. l400 are nice looking plecos for a reasonable price.. panda Garra are pretty cool too..

True zebra plecos are around $200 and as gillie mentioned there is a very good chance you will rarely see it.. that stocking sounds good if you introduce Harleys first, corys and rams after a few months.. l400 are nice looking plecos for a reasonable price.. panda Garra are pretty cool too..

The 400s are nice but I'd prefer L333. Just be sure that the pleco you buy is tank raised, a lot of the fancy plecos originate from the rio xingu and their habitat is threatened by the construction of the Bella Monte dam

The 400s are nice but I'd prefer L333. Just be sure that the pleco you buy is tank raised, a lot of the fancy plecos originate from the rio xingu and their habitat is threatened by the construction of the Bella Monte dam

Nice ones! L183 would be nice of you could find one nils ... that's my next want/buy

Holy Cow! So many different fish! I'll have to look at each one! Thanks you guys! Anyway, I chose the Aquaclear filter. I haven't bought it yet, but I have a question bout it. Will the filter break because of the sand?

Nils

Just keep the intake a few inches above and it will be fine. No less than an ac 50. I run a 50 and 30 on my 20L and it only has 2 small fish in it.

Yes I was going to do the 50. Love all those plecos! What is a small Pleco that you would suggest, and easy to keep? This would be my first time with Plecos!

Nils

As reccomended before. The clown or maybe a rubber lip..

Back
Top Bottom