blue rams stressed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moenaise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a pair of gbr's for about 2 months. Today I noticed they laid eggs and they are getting at some of my other fish. Is there any concerns about them getting to stressed? I don't have a breeder setup because I wasn't really trying breed anything but I do have a 6 gallon planted betta tank. Should I move the rock with the eggs on it and the gbr's into the betta setup and the betta out?

They will probably eat the eggs.Although rams are known to raise their fry they really don't do it so well.
I breed/raise rams and I would only have 4 rams if I didn't artificially hatch and raise them.
I have seen the parents swimming with a cloud fry so many times,it is totally cool.
But even without other fish they seeem to last long.
I bubble the eggs in water with 1-2 drops of MB in a dip and pour,and then feed live BBS to the free swimmers.
Rams are among the HARDEST fry to raise according to many ,being harder to raise then discus!
Good luck!

6 gallons is probably too small for a pair of rams, and moving them will stress them out anyway.

We recently moved our rams from the community after they spawned and the dwarf gourami was too STUPID to stop trying to eat the eggs. They would leave him alone if he went away, but they would attack when he got close to the eggs. I'm sure they would have killed him.

They ate the first batch of eggs but have spawned again. There are still a couple of those eggs, but I'm not optimistic.

They ate the first batch of eggs but have spawned again. There are still a couple of those eggs, but I'm not optimistic.

Although there is a good chance the rams have eaten the eggs, just be aware they are excellent hiders....They sometimes leave the BAD eggs and take the good to new location..Watch for one of them to be guarding another area...
Don't worry if you don't see them.These fish have fooled me many times in bare bottom tanks!
Sometimes they like to let you get your hopes up...THEN they eat them!:nono:

Although there is a good chance the rams have eaten the eggs, just be aware they are excellent hiders....They sometimes leave the BAD eggs and take the good to new location..Watch for one of them to be guarding another area...
Don't worry if you don't see them.These fish have fooled me many times in bare bottom tanks!
Sometimes they like to let you get your hopes up...THEN they eat them!:nono:
Neat! They definitely have been favoring the ozelot sword lately.

Back
Top Bottom