Bn pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legit Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have 2 bn pleco a and I wanted to put these with my shrimps. I know there are some bn plecos that are aggressive and will eat shrimps so I will try to post a photo if I can so you guys can identify if the shrimps will be fine with these two. Just in case, they are longfins and have a black body and white stripes/ dots around the body. And the tips of all fins are white. So are they compatible ?

Attachments

• image-2946955187.jpg
    image-2946955187.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image-553798463.jpg
    image-553798463.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 86
and i forgot to mention is there a slight chance that the baby shrimps will be eaten by the bristlenose plecos(newborns)? if so can someone tell me how many would survive out 20? like by average 50%, 10%, 90%? what is the average that would survive out of 20?

the bn pleco will definitely eat any egg sacs and shrimplets that it finds. it may even eat the adults when it gets older. your best bet, if you want your shrimp numbers to grow, is get a separate tank to breed shrimp in. when they grow up, you can choose the best looking ones and put them in your display tank

the bn pleco will definitely eat any egg sacs and shrimplets that it finds. it may even eat the adults when it gets older. your best bet, if you want your shrimp numbers to grow, is get a separate tank to breed shrimp in. when they grow up, you can choose the best looking ones and put them in your display tank

Oh no..... I have a 1 inch starbright baby in my shrimp tank to grow out! Would the shrimp be safe while he is so young?!

Oh no..... I have a 1 inch starbright baby in my shrimp tank to grow out! Would the shrimp be safe while he is so young?!

the shrimp will be safe. but the shrimplets, not so much. they are small enough to get eaten by just about any size pleco, including young. if you are planning on breeding the shrimp to up the numbers, it likely wont happen while the starlight is in the tank

the shrimp will be safe. but the shrimplets, not so much. they are small enough to get eaten by just about any size pleco, including young. if you are planning on breeding the shrimp to up the numbers, it likely wont happen while the starlight is in the tank

That stinks. I was trying to breed the numbers up. How long will it take him to grow? I jusy dont want him to be an expensive snaklck for my african leaf fish.

That stinks. I was trying to breed the numbers up. How long will it take him to grow? I jusy dont want him to be an expensive snaklck for my african leaf fish.

well I'm not too sure about starlights, but i do know with regular bnps. I've had one that grew from an inch to three inches in four months and had another that did the same in about 6-8 months. it all depends on how much food they are scarfing down and how much tank space they have. after 3-4 inches their growth rate slows down drastically

well I'm not too sure about starlights, but i do know with regular bnps. I've had one that grew from an inch to three inches in four months and had another that did the same in about 6-8 months. it all depends on how much food they are scarfing down and how much tank space they have. after 3-4 inches their growth rate slows down drastically

Ok cool. I dont know if he eats any of the food I add to the tank. It seems that he is more content with biofilm. He is on my driftwood ALOT. At 2 inches he would most likely be safe from my leaf fish. Maybe 3 for safety. Its a 25 gallon aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom