Bottom feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychris

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I need a bottom feed but I really don't know what I should get since I have a 29 gallon with neons tetras, guppies, swordtails, and a small algae eater. I was thinking maybe a small shark or catfish but they might eat the neons or guppies. Any other suggestion?

4-6 Cory cats would be perfect. Any sharks will be too aggressive for that tank.

Try a striped Raphael Catfish they are peaceful and do good clean up work. When they aren't stuck in tank decorations (which mine currently is).

For as much as I don't like those fish it might be my only choice. I had seen a cool looking catfish that was a camo color and had thought about one of those but I can't figure out the name of it for the life of me. It's kinda like a ball python color.

Cory cats are awesome you can find some rally neat ones too if you shop around a bit

The only place I could get those is at PetSmart and they don't have any color to them at all. Everything they have is silver or some pale color so that's why I stay away from them.

Back
Top Bottom