Bottom feeders with discus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesselav1233

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any suggestions on bottom feeders to go in my 55 gallon discus tank keep in mind my water is at 85 degrees farenhight I have 2 medium sized discus in there now but plan on having 4 more so I'll have 6 discus in total when I'm done stocking the discus. Thanks any input I can get is greatly appreciated.

I have discus and have the following bottom feeders with no problems so far: Sterbai Corydoras, Zebra Loach, Albino Bristlenose Plec, Frog Leopard Plec and a Leopard Plec ( like the frog leopard )

I second the suggestion for Sterbai cory. They can handle the temp.

I had problems with plecos pinning my discus down and sucking the slime coat off of them so I won't do any plecos anymore

Dojo loaches like temps up to around 76 or so and may eventually grow to around 10 inches. I would only keep them in a 55 minimum but if you already have him you can try it and just rehome later.

I put a dojo loach and to Cory cats do u think they will be okay in 85 degree water?

In the long term, probably not. The dojo really would prefer cooler water. Most cory cats do as well, which is why I recommended the Sterbai in particular... they are one of the few commonly available cory cats that don't mind the heat.

Jesselav1233 said:
I had problems with plecos pinning my discus down and sucking the slime coat off of them so I won't do any plecos anymore

That's not normal behavior btw

Sorry yours did that.

+1 for C sterbais. Awesome Corys and look great in a large group.

Back
Top Bottom