Brackish or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cr85dirtbik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, does my betta need a filter in the 10 gallon? And will a crowntail breed with a veiltail?

Its good to have a filter on a 10g IMO. I have sponge filters for my Betta 10g tanks. As for a VT & CT, you're not putting them in the 10g tank as tank mates & hoping they'll breed? Can you clarify?

I was wondering for future reference if i ever decided to breed them, just curious.

I was wondering for future reference if i ever decided to breed them, just curious.

Oh, good to hear. I'm not a breeder but from reading what breeders do it takes special conditioning & the right set up. From my understanding you can breed those types but the VT gene is dominant.

Well with 300-500 eggs or so ones bound to be CT haha, and i have tons of tanks and stuff.

In a ten gallon its a good idea to have a small filter but for a betta your going to want one that doesn't cause alot of movement bettas prefer still water so the less water disturbance the better.

In a ten gallon its a good idea to have a small filter but for a betta your going to want one that doesn't cause alot of movement bettas prefer still water so the less water disturbance the better.

Agreed. A filter with low flow is best for bettas. I use air driven sponge filters in my betta tanks, with the air turned down very low.

Thanks for the replies, and i was gonna ask if theyed e ok in brackish or not, forgot to ask lol

Thanks for the replies, and i was gonna ask if theyed e ok in brackish or not, forgot to ask lol

No, Bettas are freshwater fish. They can tolerate a little aquarium salt for short periods of time for stuff like ich treatment, but they shouldn't be kept in brackish water.

Back
Top Bottom