brackish tank + shrimps = ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnPaul

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all, in the process of converting a 10g from freshwater to brackish. I was wondering what sort of experience people have had (either positive or negative) with various freshwater shrimps in brackish tanks. Right now I'm mid-conversion, salinity is only about 1.003, and my target goal is to have the tank at the "lighter" end of brackish, say in the 1.005 to 1.008 range.

I currently have two ghost shrimp in there and they don't seem to mind the least bit.

However, I'm curious about other shrimp. Most especially amano, red cherry, and wood/bamboo (since those are the other three varities I can find with some regularlity around here.)

Has anyone tried keeping any of those in brackish conditions, and if so, what was your result? TIA for any help...

almost every fw shrimp is really brackish, they can just live in fw for a few years

except for i hear some kind of chinese shrimp...

Amano shrimp need brackish to breed, so I would think they would do great in such a tank. But I don't know about cherries and bamboo. Never hurts to try!

Back
Top Bottom