Brenna ' s fish room basement build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I agree. But I don't want to get too off topic.

Just had an idea, but not too sure about it. Why not create a new thread dedicated to talking about these issues and how we can help solve them, whether through grassroots movements or fish clubs, etc. Not too sure if it'd relate directly back to the hobby enough though to ensure it doesn't become an issue or if there's enough support........

So the seller of my 75g has the flu so I haven't gone and gotten it yet which is fine as the big truck is in the shop anyway.

My next step when I get that tank is to move the L201 group and separate some rainbows. I think I'll take the turquoise out of the 55g and put them in the 75g. When I get another rack I'm going to try breeding rainbows. Not going to happen anytime soon but that's my future plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's something that confuses me. I've seen the reds referred to under both these scientific names.

Attachments

• 1452123634808.jpg
    1452123634808.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 1452123651173.jpg
    1452123651173.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 57
Then it's messed up..Dario Dario is scarlet badis, badis badis is a member of the badis family if
I'm not mistaken..different fish but due to poor choice of
Scientific names (at least to me) they are often confused

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Then it's messed up..Dario Dario is scarlet badis, badis badis is a member of the badis family if
I'm not mistaken..different fish but due to poor choice of
Scientific names (at least to me) they are often confused

+1

I don't know why things like this happens, but it can be confusing and a bit annoying when you're trying to find a specific species (I'm encountering the same thing with trying to distinguish between the white and orange arm borneo crabs, which are supposedly from the same genus, but I can only find info on the white arms which is the critically endangered Sarawak Land Crab. Seems to be the orange arm is new to science, and I'd love to go there to see them in person

Don't wanna continue to go off topic but there's some cool program going on in the rio negro which helps educate locals on habitat preservation and collection techniques to make catching wild fish for the aquarium trade more sustainable and prevent habitat destruction, forget what it's called but New England aquarium in boston participates, they get a lot of their freshwater specimens through the project

Any fish in the genus Dario is going to be a dwarf Badis, scarlet, rose,etc. Fish in the genus Badis are the typically sized Badis 2+", it's all a matter of education on the supplier's and seller's end. It's the usual perpetuation of confusion in our hobby.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Any fish in the genus Dario is going to be a dwarf Badis, scarlet, rose,etc. Fish in the genus Badis are the typically sized Badis 2+", it's all a matter of education on the supplier's and seller's end. It's the usual perpetuation of confusion in our hobby.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
It also doesn't help when scientific names get changed and not everyone is up to date on that.

Brenna

Today was a mixed day. Due to the bleeping post office I got a box with half the fish dead. Omg did it stink when I opened the box!

I also took red guppies and plecos to the lfs and got a new 40b and replacement lid. A Fat cat butt broke a lid so I got a new one and some Cobalt cichlid flakes.

Sorry to hear abt the dead fish... That smell is horrendous. I got a pkg of dead endlers once...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

These were so dead they were disintegrating. The shipment was 2 day mail and took a week. Now im having a horrible time like you all told me I would filing a claim. I'm having a horrible time verifying my identity with the Post for their stupid online account thing. Grrr

Today was a mixed day. Due to the bleeping post office I got a box with half the fish dead. Omg did it stink when I opened the box!

I also took red guppies and plecos to the lfs and got a new 40b and replacement lid. A Fat cat butt broke a lid so I got a new one and some Cobalt cichlid flakes.

Dang sucks to hear bout that package, what did you lose?

Mollys. 24k mollys for my mother's tank. The endlers mostly made it, which shocks me. As soon as I opened the bags I put a couple drops of Prime in it to counteract all the ammonia.

Mollys. 24k mollys for my mother's tank. The endlers mostly made it, which shocks me. As soon as I opened the bags I put a couple drops of Prime in it to counteract all the ammonia.

Smart on adding that prime. That's ridiculous though..from 2 days to one week, at least the endlers made it though poor guys must have been stressed as heck

I'm so sorry to hear that, I can imagine how awful it must be:(

But you did crack me up with the fat cat butt, lol!!! Glad I don't have cats....

I don't even know which cat it was. Lol.
I always add Prime when I open bags of shipped fish it's a trick taught to me by a saltwater keeper and it's always done me well.

Brenna

Back
Top Bottom