Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of their display tanks, one of which has two Sat+ lights on it with a simulated waterfall (with sand and a pump):

Check out the waterfall video I took real quick:
Waterfall in planted tank: http://youtu.be/eU0kY1tKopA

Oooooo nice red myrio! I've been eyeballing it for a little bit! Waiting on the new finnex line for some added light;) Yayyy new toys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Very nice, Brook. If you can't find any, let me know in a few weeks after I've propagated it out a bit. ;)

I look forward to your new LED acquisitions. When is Finnex releasing their new line?

Matogrossensis: from Mato Grosso, a state from Brazil. I had a chance to see these in nature as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Some of their display tanks, one of which has two Sat+ lights on it with a simulated waterfall (with sand and a pump):

Check out the waterfall video I took real quick:
Waterfall in planted tank: http://youtu.be/eU0kY1tKopA

Very nice, Brook. If you can't find any, let me know in a few weeks after I've propagated it out a bit. ;)

I look forward to your new LED acquisitions. When is Finnex releasing their new line?

It's cold here man, not.good plant shipping weather.. appreciate the offer and I'll definitely take you up in a few months! Should be any day now with the new line I'd think?? Need to get them out for all the little.kiddies Christmas list.. i may have to just snag an exotic on black friday. Think that and a planted plus would tame glosso at 16"?? Co2 of course..

It's cold here man, not.good plant shipping weather.. appreciate the offer and I'll definitely take you up in a few months! Should be any day now with the new line I'd think?? Need to get them out for all the little.kiddies Christmas list.. i may have to just snag an exotic on black friday. Think that and a planted plus would tame glosso at 16"?? Co2 of course..

Two words: heat pack

Do you have a picture of yours in your tank you can post? I'd like to see how it can develop. BTW, is UG easy to find in your part of the world?

Mine is not really planted up. Still sat in its pot in my tank. I was expecting to only hold it for a few days in my tank but due to the slow sinking redmoor it's been longer. It has nowhere near the coloration yours shows. I can buy UG from a number of suppliers so I'd say yes it's pretty easy to get. Did you DSM your UG or go straight submerged?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Heres the pic though. Tips are colouring up under the bml. Id imagine it would be better if it were in the amazonia

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416504501.096979.jpg

Let's do this: I will cover shipping costs for the Boston area. If it works, Brookster can have his plants after they get going. If they don't make it, my loss.

How about that, Maverick and Goose?

Sounds good to me!

"I feel the need...the need for..." Well, you know the rest.
Sounds like an interesting venture. Good luck!

Reboot (Again) - 1.5 Months of Regrowth!!!

What's up everyone... Here's a status update on this tank for anyone following. I kinda got lazy and let this tank go a bit roughly 2 months ago. Then I decided to revitalize it by doing an extensive clean-up job by getting rid of all the old leaves and basically replanting the tips of all the decent looking plants. I also took out the DW as the Fissiden Moss on it was too close to the high PAR the e-Series was dishing out resulting in attracting way too much algae.

I'm happy to say, this tank is back on track for the time being for another full-recovery back to glory. Maybe in early 2015 I can get around to the true reboot/rescape.

Please excuse the BBA on the ohko stones. I'm still exhibiting a bit of laziness in treating it with H202. I'll get around to that soon (fairly easy fix). :banghead:

Here's a before and after... 1.5 months of regrowth.

16144558135_0f08f0d45e_b.jpg

Some close-ups:
16118766856_f1eb44970c_b.jpg

16144557475_3bd41248cd_b.jpg

16144557325_d48f32c0d8_b.jpg

15957105938_dd818d0545_b.jpg

15958793717_8028db421f_b.jpg

Overhead Shots

Additional Photos... Getting a tad trigger happy on the camera :)

**I must say that the e-series can really set-off the colors in the plants when dimmed with the right amount of reds added to the spectrum**

Some overhead photos:
16143798512_d1f5dd9c94_b.jpg

16142648441_d9c1614654_b.jpg

Also check out the tips on the Pogo. Erectus!!! The e-series has them coloring up :)
15957251200_a7892a71ab_b.jpg

And the FTS with Mr. Orange Apisto hanging out at the top.
16142648591_23dcb9ccf7_b.jpg

It's still a work in progress. I need to trim and replant to get the groupings fuller. UG still needs to fill in too. Treat and kill that BBA!!! Also, I might move a blyxa to the very left empty spot then replace the middle with Blyxa Aubertii as I've read this gets taller and colors up in reds :)

Thanks for following! Any comments appreciated.

Oh stop it you... with your epic tank.. i have major ar envy..

Additional Photos... Getting a tad trigger happy on the camera :)

**I must say that the e-series can really set-off the colors in the plants when dimmed with the right amount of reds added to the spectrum**

Some overhead photos:

16143798512_d1f5dd9c94_b.jpg

16142648441_d9c1614654_b.jpg

Also check out the tips on the Pogo. Erectus!!! The e-series has them coloring up :)

15957251200_a7892a71ab_b.jpg

And the FTS with Mr. Orange Apisto hanging out at the top.

16142648591_23dcb9ccf7_b.jpg

It's still a work in progress. I need to trim and replant to get the groupings fuller. UG still needs to fill in too. Treat and kill that BBA!!! Also, I might move a blyxa to the very left empty spot then replace the middle with Blyxa Aubertii as I've read this gets taller and colors up in reds :)

Thanks for following! Any comments appreciated.

I love that Pogo. Keep up the good work!

Those reds are INSANE!!! Ecoxotic should (and I've said this before) use your tank as a testament for their product line. Throw ADA and Brightwell in there as well. Simply outstanding. My tank looks like a farm; things grow. This tank looks like a piece of art.
This is a long overdue update but worth it. You are putting AR mini on the high demand list. Getting it to be bright red is quite an achievement. I call that pursuit "Chasing the Reds".

Oh stop it you... with your epic tank.. i have major ar envy..

Thanks man.. word on the street is that you're getting BML's. You shouldn't have a problem getting AR to look good under those!

I love that Pogo. Keep up the good work!

Thank you. Pogo is still one of my fave favs. I've been tempted to try something different but its appeal is too strong.

Thanks man.. word on the street is that you're getting BML's. You shouldn't have a problem getting AR to look good under those!

Thank you. Pogo is still one of my fave favs. I've been tempted to try something different but its appeal is too strong.

Where'd you hear such things? !?! Tracking says tomorrow:D sad to see the sats go but hey....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom