Brian's ADA 60P (17g) Rimless - Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a deal at Dicks Sporting Goods where every fifth fill up is free. Each fill up is $4.59. So it's pretty economical. I might do as Brian suggested and get a second tank so that I can swap it out when the tank runs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok. Did you have to get the adapter for your premium regulator or does it fit paintball tanks as well as standard co2 tanks?

Ok. Did you have to get the adapter for your premium regulator or does it fit paintball tanks as well as standard co2 tanks?

Yes, you need the paintball adapter, i actually run both the p ball and premium, both excellent so far. I found a paintball/air soft facility that sold used tanks with a free fill. Definitely a great deal!! Keep an extra 20 oz. for quick swaps..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok. Brookster do you like the mini or the premium better?

Ok. Brookster do you like the mini or the premium better?

So far? No discernable difference.. depending on where you're storing it? The mini can be monitored from the front, the premium can only be viewed from top down unless you move it. Another thing to consider would be the ability to move up to a larger tank, not sure if an adapter exists for using the mini with a larger tank??

Ok thats definitely something to consider. And how would you acclimate fish that are already in the tank im adding co2 too?

Ok thats definitely something to consider. And how would you acclimate fish that are already in the tank im adding co2 too?

Time to start your own thread man;)

Probably should yea... Sorry about that lol

Traded some plants for fauna with one of my favorite LFS. Got two new inhabitants, an apisto and peacock gudgeon. Anyone know what species of apisto is this?
Also the sex?

Nice nice Brian!! Let me get gillie on this..
Edited out dead wrong id, because I can..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool.. Thanks guys. I was thinking double red. He's a young'n so I'll have to see how he develops. Generally speaking, are apistos more hardy than GBR and EBR's? I hope he lasts longer than my EBR did (still sad about this, btw).

Cool.. Thanks guys. I was thinking double red. He's a young'n so I'll have to see how he develops. Generally speaking, are apistos more hardy than GBR and EBR's? I hope he lasts longer than my EBR did (still sad about this, btw).

Anything is hardier than ebr hahah, he should do fine for you..

+1 I feel EBRs are so fragile because of the gene pool. The only hardy german blues Ive had were wild caught. But of course I gave them favorable water conditions.

+1 I feel EBRs are so fragile because of the gene pool. The only hardy german blues Ive had were wild caught. But of course I gave them favorable water conditions.

They have local bred ebr at my lfs, they look extraordinary. . I'm talking best I have ever seen ever... i want but I shall not get.. did get a local gbr though:) quite the stud...

TGIF everyone.. somewhat new developments ah-brewin' with this tank. Since I've started a new job, I've had little time on my hands for the hobby, but I've managed to keep this tank looking healthy and relatively algae free. I'll update with current pics this weekend with pre and post trim photos.

But for now I'm a little thrilled that this guy on TPT hooked me up with some custom cut acrylic clips for my E-Series LED fixture. He designed them on a computer and had them precision cut with a robot or laser or something. Anyways, they look sweet.

Here they are (with the protective sticker layers on them, for now):

Here's how they'll look mounted (his tank) to bent conduit pipe and how I plan to implement them with a new rescape.

I also picked up a 15lbs bag of Brightwell Aquatic's new substrate (extra fine grade). It's suppose to be as nutrient amazing as ADA AquaSoil but more durable. We'll see. ;)

Anyways, thanks for following. This thread will come to an end shortly with a version 3 rescape soon :)

Last edited:
Those are going to look nice with your lights. Always bringing in new products...you will have to do a full review on the substrate once you get things setup. Can't wait.
Maybe you can do some before, during, and after pics to summarize this build before you close the thread.

Nit that it matters at this point, but I strongly recommend this substrate. Even though I don't have a vast experience with it, so far so good.

Ammonia levels went down significantly faster with this substrate compared to Amazonia Aquasoil.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

You're welcome, Rafael..

BTW Guys... I paid my favorite planted-tank-focused LFS a visit the other day and they had an interesting red stem plant. I picked up a couple of stems. I forgot to write down the name, but I believe it's Myriophyllum tuberculatum (aka: M matogrossense "Red").

I also thought I was ready for a full rescape with this tank, but I decided (due to limited time) that I'll just hit the reset button on the current scape. I'll post some update pics soon.

Last edited:
Oooooo nice red myrio! I've been eyeballing it for a little bit! Waiting on the new finnex line for some added light;) Yayyy new toys!

Back
Top Bottom