Bubble algae????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Saw this today in a little crevice in the rock. Is it bubble algae? This is the only one I see in the tank. If it is, what's the best way to get rid of it before it spreads?

Attachments

• bubble algae.jpg
    bubble algae.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 141
Yeah, it's a type of bubble algae. Whatever you do, don't pop it. Just either leave it, it doesn't do anything anyway. Or take a pair of tweezers and pull it up and siphon right away.

Thanks. I just won my battle with bryopsis. Don't want to start a new one. Does this stuff spread on it's own?

yup , best to remove I always use a pair of tweezers in 1 hand siphon tube in the other to catch any spores if you accidentally pop one

Or get a emerald crab, they do the job and are a nice addition IMO

I found this thing too yesterday... I touched it with a turkey baster, and it unglued itself from the rock, then I siphonned it.

I didn't know there's so much spores in this... That's a chance I didn't pop it... It's like a button.. POP IT ! lol

I had a infestation of it once. Emerald crab didn't hardly touch it. When I forced my phosphates down, it all went away in a few months.

If you can take the rock out and remove the bubble out the water and rinse the rock with fresh ro few times before you put back in shouldn't come back. If it pops just rinse more and get toothbrush and clean the area where it was.

Emerald crab will eat it all an a week and then move on to other things to eat.

My emerald crab eat bubble algae, for 8$ can't complain, and is also a goog scavenger.....
Maybe I was just lucky ....
Forza azzurri sempre!!!!

Back
Top Bottom