Bubble Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your tank perimeters allow, get some Emerald Crabs. Set a few loose and watch them go to work.

You can also pull them out by hand as long as you don't pop them (some say popping them causes spores to be released, which results in more bubbles), of course that's a real pain in the ass.

carefully remove it from the rocks. Do not break it in the tank or it can spread faster. You may want to remove any of the rocks that have bubble algea on it and take them off out of the tank to be safe.

At least it means your water quality is good though.

And sorry lando, I was editing my post while you we're posting yours. I wasn't trying to copy your info.

I poped so many in my tank it's not funny. I got an emerald crab and he didn't touch the bubbles at all. Again emerald crabs are hit and miss also.

Scrubing the bubble gently with a soft bristle tooth brush helps dislodge them easily. Add a siphon near the base of the tooth brush head to suck them and anything that might of been released.

I remove the bubble with a pair of tweezers. Be carefull not to pop it, just grab gently and rock back and forth until it dislodges. I picked up an emerald crab a week ago and all he wants to eat is my yellow polyps, just like the blue legs. :cry:

ok well thanks...looks like I might be wasting my time with the crab deal...I think I will try and remove the bubbles. They are big enough I think I can. I have polyps in my tank as it is a reef so I dont need to murder a crab for no reason....especially if he isnt going to eat the right stuff I put him in there for! :mrgreen:

I didn't mean to discourage the emerald crab if it was me. It's a beautiful crab and I haven't murdered him yet, I've been told that alot of crabs will munch yellow polyps from time to time. Alot of people do have success with these guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom