bubble lader and test kits.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foma2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i just wanted to share some ideas that i recently built. first of was my buble lader, its actualy more of a buble defuser. what i did was take a lenght of 1/2" pvc pipe and put a grate on each end. then i filled the pipe with cut up peices of air line tubbing. then i drilled a hole in the side at the bottom and atached an airline tube for the input. then i atached a suction cup to atach it. so far it works pritty well. :D . i also acedently ran into this other idea. one day i was playing around with a medical syringe (with out the neadle :lol: ) got from the biology dapartment at school and i noticed that i could use it to fill my test kit test tubes. i always hated trying to fill those things, cause i would eather fill it up to much or not enough. not a big deal but it anoyed me. now i just fill the syringe up to the 5cc mark (it turns out that 1 cubic centameter is also 1 ml) and poof, i have exactly the right amount to fill the test tube. i know its lame but i think its a life savior.

It's not lame at all. The Salifert test kits I use actually come with little 5ml plastic syringes for this exact purpose. It's quite handy.

You're bubble diffuser sounds like a neat idea too!

btw, 1ml = 1cc is no coincidence :wink:

Back
Top Bottom