bubbly Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sounds good. as u can see i live in alliston which is about half an hour away from bolton. if u ever happen to be comming in my direction or passing through alliston pm me and i will tell u where i live. thanks in advance. it may be cheaper than gas if u just mailed them to me lol.

that must be nice!!!!it has been sitting around mid 80's for a while now so thats not to bad compared to when it was at 1.30 lol. do you have any light fixtures that u may not use now due to upgrading that i could buy off u? i have been thinking about upgrading but i really dont like the price of the new ones in the store and i could care less if it is used or handme down. if u have any and will take a decent price i would be interested. i thought i would make your trip a little more worth your while besides dropping off a few plants.

All I have spare are cheapo heaters that I wouldn't even trust to keep coffee hot.. all lights that I have are being used. But I can tell you it's cheaper to build a canopy w/ lights then buying a single fixture. and this one is brighter.

i have been thinking about building my own but i cant seem to find a powerful fixture for cheap. i cant find t-5 fixtures anywhere or even power compacts. the only place i can find them are at aquarium stores and it isnt much more expensive to but the whole system complete compared to retro fit kits. how did u make yours? i just finished making a new wooden canopy for my 55 gallon with a double 48" lightstrip which was easy because i had so much room. but i only have 24inches to play with above my 20 gal. any suggestions? i was thinknig around 2.5 3 watts per gallon would be nice. maybe 55 watts total power

To get more light out of a bulb, google ODNO Fluorescent and you'll find adding another ballast to that dual T8 fixture you can drive those bulbs to 150-200% output.. much more efficient (but make sure you have spare bulbs handy, you'll need to replace them every 6 months.)

Cost per fixture : 30$ for T8 dual fixture, 25$ for second electronic ballast. so 55$ get's you the equivilent of 3 T8 bulbs (so 48w T8 making the tank effectively High light or better)

Try checking out AHSupply.com, the one time I built a canopy I ordered one of their kits. I thought it was a pretty good price and the instructions were fairly easy to follow for someone not familiar with wiring.

New Plant Pic.

Hemianthus callitrichoides ”Cuba”

NewBubbles.jpg

I'll have to see if I can plant it somewhere where the pleco won't rip it all up.. gotta get a good set of tweezers first.

Bala's are going to a better place. well better for my plants. I finally snapped at them for eating my anubias. every new shoot that came up and every flower, they would eat it, I have a bunch of bleeding stumps.. so they are going to my sisters tank (they are about 4" now and will be in a 20Gal for 3 months until she get's this 75Gal.)

Didn't notice how much green spot made it into that picture..

Oh found out with regards to ferts. Don't mix Flourish Iron and Flourish Phosphorus before adding them to the water. it makes a cloudy mess that takes a day to clear from the water.

Back
Top Bottom