bug bombing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
We are bug bombing to get rid of fleas 0_0. I was wondering what I should do with my 10 and 30 gallon tanks so my fish avoid harm?
Thanks

If you cant move the tanks to a safe location I don't think there is much you really can do. That stuff is designed to get everywhere.

Right before you set off the bombs...
Turn everything off, air pumps, filters, heaters, etc.
Do a large water change with well aerated water.
Cover the tank tightly with a large heavy towel.
If you have HOB filters, hang them on a bucket of old tank water, drop the media into the bucket and put in a safe place.
Move your air pump to a safe place and cap the lines going into the tank.

Right after you crack the house back open...
Skim the surface thoroughly with paper towels.
Wipe down everything with a weak vinegar solution.
Do another large water change.
Rehang the filters.
Hope for the best.

Basically do everything you can think of to protect the tanks.

Good luck to you.

Holy crap that sucks. My tanks are minimally stocked, I could put my fish in an aerated bucket?

I have 2 angels and a betta. I know the betta will be fine In a little gallon thing for a day but could I keep two medium angelfish in an aerated bucket/ cooler for the day?

Alright I think I'm gonna cover both tanks in taped down plastic and put blankets over that.
And siphon 90% of my tank 30 gallon tank water into a big cooler and transfer my fish and filters in there...I forgot I had 3 khulis, I'm gonna have to move decorations to find them...
Anyways and just leave my betta in this 1 gallon thing and take them all with me.
Then do a big water change/replace the water with clean water when I get back

Back
Top Bottom