Buying Meds? Buyer Beware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erarebirth

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to share my experience here with my fellow aquatic hobbyists. I purchased medicated flake food from Angels Plus (Angelfish) hoping it would help with my fish problem. I was disturbed when I received the product and discovered the concentration or dosage of the medication is not listed on the packaging or online listing. I e-mailed the company requesting additional information. In response, I received what I interpreted to be a short, rude e-mail of one sentence, refusing to share the dosage of medication in the food. No hello or sincerely to start or end the e-mail, just one sentence. I replied to this and explained my reasoning for desiring this information, hoping it may coax them to share the information I was seeking. I received a similar e-mail to my initial inquiry.

So, I am using the medicated food as prescribed, I don't know how much good it's doing thus far, I've completed one full round of the medicated food and it does not appear to have worked. I would be very wary of this company, as they seem unprofessional and sketchy, to be frank.

I posted this to the "unhealthy fish" forum because I know people here might be looking for places to buy medications for their fish. If this is not the right place to post this cautionary tale, please feel free to move it to the appropriate spot. :fish1:

I've been in this hobby for quite a while and I'll say that when treating disease with medications there is no better method than ingestion. With that being said there is no finer product than Angels Plus medicated foods in my opinion, they have been a staple in my fish room for years and are part of my QT process with all new fish(especially the anti-protozoa formula). I've never had a fish refuse any of there foods, even when suffering from digestive issues such as spirnoculous vortens aka Hexamita. Angels flakes are always one of the first products I recommend to other aquarist for disease when the fish is still eating.

Last edited:
I've been in this hobby for quite a while and I'll say that when treating disease with medications there is no better method than ingestion. With that being said there is no finer product than Angels Plus medicated foods in my opinion, they have been a staple in my fish room for years and are part of my QT process with all new fish(especially the anti-protozoa formula). I've never had a fish refuse any of there foods, even when suffering from digestive issues such as spirnoculous vortens aka Hexamita. Angels flakes are always one of the first products I recommend to other aquarist for disease when the fish is still eating.

I'm glad you have had a better experience than I. I just don't understand how a company dispensing a medication will refuse to tell their consumers the dosage. I wouldn't take a pill that I didn't know the dosage of, why should I use something like this on my pets? The only reason I gave the flakes anyway was my fish were dying anyway, and I really had nothing more to lose.
It was also disappointing that their site advertises on their "About AngelPlus" page that they are so friendly and easy to get in touch with, and yet I only receive one sentence replies "we do not give out the exact details of the flake" and "the active ingredient is listed". It just seems unprofessional and makes me question their other practices as well. I can only share my experience. If you have experienced otherwise, than by all means keep going there, I just know I won't ever shop there again.

I understand what your saying about their response but I've never questioned their methods or ingredients simply because they work very well. I would give them another chance if you need medicated food again, I don't think you'll really find to many negative reviews of their products or customer service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom