CAE getting too big, lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
In my 26G, my CAE's just keep getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, lol. I think the second one isn't growing near as fast, but the one CAE is going on 4 1/2 inches now, lol. And he's ugly, lol.....

I just went to Petco yesterday, and saw a CAE in there. He was about 7-8 inches long, and boy was it ugly, lol. Not sure what I'm going to do when they get too big, lol. When I pulled everything out to do a gravel vac, I tried to catch those things. I saw the smaller one, but the bigger one disappeared. And there was nothing in the tank. Could not find him at all. I was going to move them to my 55G. Got to wait til I get my order this week from Big Al's, got a big net coming, lol. But then, when I put everything back, including the driftwood, the big one showed back up again. lol. He's going to be a toughy to catch, lol.

Use the 2 liter bottle trap. (Cut the top off, reverse it, and insert it in the bottom) Similar to a metal minnow trap...

Mine is 6" and he's cute IMO, is yours golden? They are a pain to catch, if the 2 litre bottle doesn't work, use 2 nets and be slow. I would try first thing in the morning when you turn the tank lights on. Fish are slower then it seems.

Back
Top Bottom