Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny story, I get wildly irritated when I hear people refer to clown fish as "nemo fish". It's amphiprion ocellaris, goshdangit! (especially annoying when the fish they're calling a "nemo" is not even a true ocellaris)

Good to see this tank is still coming along :) Can't wait to see it all finished.

+1 haha. My 5 year old calls them "awesome-llaris" clown fish after years of reminding her that Nemo was just his name not his type.

+1 haha. My 5 year old calls them "awesome-llaris" clown fish after years of reminding her that Nemo was just his name not his type.

+10,000. I correct every single person I hear call them a "nemo" no matter what age. "Awesome-llaris" is possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard though. If I heard a 5 year old say that I'd probably faint.

+10,000. I correct every single person I hear call them a "nemo" no matter what age. "Awesome-llaris" is possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard though. If I heard a 5 year old say that I'd probably faint.

That's awesome. I might call it that now lol.

Caleb

She's a smart one. Both my immediate LFS are women owned, and both say my daughter is their favorite customer haha. She is usually the first to notice something weird happening in our tanks (uhm, DAD! This looks funny!)

She's a smart one. Both my immediate LFS are women owned, and both say my daughter is their favorite customer haha. She is usually the first to notice something weird happening in our tanks (uhm, DAD! This looks funny!)

Sounds like a budding future marine biologist! :lol:

Definitely, maybe I will meet her someday. Marine biologist or ichthyologist is my dream job. :)

Mine too. If you're not already at school for it check out the UMaine Orono program for it, it's fantastic. Especially if you're interested in aquaculture.

Mine too. If you're not already at school for it check out the UMaine Orono program for it, it's fantastic. Especially if you're interested in aquaculture.

I've got some time before I will go to school for it, I mean I am just getting into high school so..... I've got a lot of time to prepare.

I've got some time before I will go to school for it, I mean I am just getting into high school so..... I've got a lot of time to prepare.

Well, get good grades and when it comes time to check out colleges I can't recommend this school enough. It's where I go and I love it.

I looked it up and it looks Finntastic, the problem is that it is pretty far from Greensboro, NC.

One thing I highly recommend is going to community college for 2 years. You save yourself (or parents) in excess of $20k depending on what 4 year your looking at. Plus you can take classes that will transfer to the 4 year school and save more money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One thing I highly recommend is going to community college for 2 years. You save yourself (or parents) in excess of $20k depending on what 4 year your looking at. Plus you can take classes that will transfer to the 4 year school and save more money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, thanks. We (me and my parents) were thinking of that.

Speaking of college. I just finished my registration yesterday for CSCC here in Tennessee. Starting a summer online course in June.

Caleb

Oh I forgot to ask...

Paul! And anyone else who has clownfish/ an ocellaris... What's a good balanced diet for me to feed?

Also input for diet on a scarlet hermit and cleaner shrimp/ possible sexy shrimp.

Caleb

Oh I forgot to ask...

Paul! And anyone else who has clownfish/ an ocellaris... What's a good balanced diet for me to feed?

Also input for diet on a scarlet hermit and cleaner shrimp/ possible sexy shrimp.

Caleb
I think you will find they will eat just about anything! Not a picky fish at all, and most are pigs IME! :) I only feed frozen fish food. Others like pellets and flakes I suppose for the convenience, but I don't like that alot of them are full of phosphates. All my fish like mysis shrimp. I also feed marine cuisine and prawn roe (frozen). Again all my fish eat this as well. Only thing dry I feed is Reef Chilli, and that's for the coral and my dragonets eat it as well. The shrimp are gonna be about the same. Shrimp eat it all! Never owned a sexy shrimp though so can't really say there.

I think you will find they will eat just about anything! Not a picky fish at all, and most are pigs IME! :) I only feed frozen fish food. Others like pellets and flakes I suppose for the convenience, but I don't like that alot of them are full of phosphates. All my fish like mysis shrimp. I also feed marine cuisine and prawn roe (frozen). Again all my fish eat this as well. Only thing dry I feed is Reef Chilli, and that's for the coral and my dragonets eat it as well. The shrimp are gonna be about the same. Shrimp eat it all! Never owned a sexy shrimp though so can't really say there.

Thanks Paul I will stick to frozen. I use it on my freshwater just not as a main staple.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom