Caleb's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes he was one in the canister. I have both of those meds on hand from my previous episode of columnaris.

Caleb

First lets hope those meds work if you choose.
Next could it be an injury that took time to manifest?
I had a cory swim into my lockline RETURN from a filter once(died 1/2 in and out),but I think your loach went in the INTAKE way.....

First lets hope those meds work if you choose.
Next could it be an injury that took time to manifest?
I had a cory swim into my lockline return from a filter once(died 1/2 in and out),but I think your loach went in the intake way.....

You would be shocked with loaches.... they'll go in the outflow if they feel like it :facepalm:

Whichever way has the siphon motor they went in the other. The other loach seems perfectly fine and is actually more active now.

I may just do the ice water but I'm going to try the meds and at least give him a chance first.

Caleb

It's worth a try, to do meds first, especially since you have them in hand. Good luck, may the force be with you, odds ever in your favor etc

Brenna

I only have 2 packs of furan, but a full dosage takes 4.

It's 1 pack per 10 gallons.

If I half the pack with a digital scale and use 5 gallons of water could that work?

Caleb

I only have 2 packs of furan, but a full dosage takes 4.

It's 1 pack per 10 gallons.

If I half the pack with a digital scale and use 5 gallons of water could that work?

Caleb
Yes.
This is a BIG(well little) part of why treatment tanks are as small as possible often.
I have dosed my 180 before...
I like treating in smaller tanks if possible...
Good luck.

Thank you DiseaseMaster Bandit and LoachMaster Sinibotia.

He is definitely weak but still toughing it out. Don't remember if I mentioned it but his bloating seems to have subsided and now it's just the patch on him.

Caleb

Is he still floating? I'm still not 100% convinced that that particular part of the problem wasn't trapped air in the stomach.

You won't get much help on Fishlore... That place is pretty terrible IMO. I go there to help people with fish breeding questions because they have NO even remotely serious breeders. But there's not much community and what there is of it is just irritating. Plus I have yet to meet anyone who I trust as an "elite" fishkeeper.

Sad. I may have added it to Tapatalk but don't really lurk there

Brenna

I joined like a month ago along with Brookster and both of us agree... it's bad. Makes me appreciate AA a ton more though. Fantastic advice, prettymuch an expert for anything you could ask about, and an awesome community of those people. I haven't found any of that at fishlore.

I joined like a month ago along with Brookster and both of us agree... it's bad. Makes me appreciate AA a ton more though. Fantastic advice, prettymuch an expert for anything you could ask about, and an awesome community of those people. I haven't found any of that at fishlore.

+1, there are some pretty knowledgable people on their but nothing compared to here.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom