Can a Betta get burned by a heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you happen to move the heater? Even though mine have covers I have them away from the corners just incase a fish tries to wedge it's way beside it and a fin sticks though the guard, etc. That's if you think it could have still been a burn... But I'd move it regardless.

Did you happen to move the heater? Even though mine have covers I have them away from the corners just incase a fish tries to wedge it's way beside it and a fin sticks though the guard, etc. That's if you think it could have still been a burn... But I'd move it regardless.

It's not so much that it's in the corner, he just likes to lay up under the heaters bottom suction cup. He really scares me when he lounges on top of the intank filter and I can't see him anywhere in the tank for a few moments lol. I think it's come down to a war wound and he seems to be doing pretty good. I'm gonna keep up the 1/5 MelaFix for a few more days to aid in healing.

Thanks Tim!

A final update:

The war wound is healed, he's been doing great all along with the only change being he's making bubble nests at lightening speed. I guess he's better than ever, but he is Elvis so I shouldn't expect anything less than craziness lol.

Thanks everyone for your help and support (y).

Mr. Limpet said:
A final update:

The war wound is healed, he's been doing great all along with the only change being he's making bubble nests at lightening speed. I guess he's better than ever, but he is Elvis so I shouldn't expect anything less than craziness lol.

Ya!! :) glad he's fine :D

A final update:

Yay so happy to hear he healed up quickly! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom