Can i add 3 cory cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I have a 30 gallon bowfront aquarium running an aquaclear 70 (250 GPH).
My current stock is
1 angelfish
5 rosy barbs
3 German blue rams

This is a moderately planted tank. I would like to add 3 Cory cats. Is that too much?

Ok, so I have a 30 gallon bowfront aquarium running an aquaclear 70 (250 GPH).
My current stock is
1 angelfish
5 rosy barbs
3 German blue rams

This is a moderately planted tank. I would like to add 3 Cory cats. Is that too much?

Dude.... add 6 cories and another rosy barb. Then realize that you have room for more fish lol I would not however recommend you keep the angelfish in that size tank.

30 gallons is good for an angel

I would add 5 cories, saying that your floor space is more than 28 inches by 12 inches
I would add another rosy barb, and a pleco and call it a game

I would add 5 cories, saying that your floor space is more than 28 inches by 12 inches

I actually just traded my pleco in for the angelfish!

I think the angel will be fine given my tank is I think 18" deep and 20" high.

I'm going to get the cories and call it good i think. My tank does seem empty.

It's better for Cory's to have at least 25 inches long, but I think it's ok, given the fact that its wider than 12" it's good
Just remember, no emerald Cory's, they are not even Cory's, but look like it, they need at least 40 gallons, they get huge
But any other type should be fine
Also, why not add a pleco?

It's better for Cory's to have at least 25 inches long, but I think it's ok, given the fact that its wider than 12" it's good
Just remember, no emerald Cory's, they are not even Cory's, but look like it, they need at least 40 gallons, they get huge
But any other type should be fine
Also, why not add a pleco?

Well I would do a nice big water change and the next morning he would bomb my whole tank with poo. I know it's him because his poo is a darker shade then my other fish.

Also, he use to be in a tank with a freshwater stingray and had a bad eye. So I never saw him. He didnt eat anything other then driftwood or algae wafers (wouldn't even touch soft algae). So basically what I got was a poo machine that I never saw.

The only time I would see him is when I'm working on the tank he will shoot out and latch onto my arm.

Hah lol I can imagine that

Well, good luck with the tank! I I may say so, I think Julii cories would look great!

Common plecos can grow to be 18 inches, a bristlenose pleco does the exact same thing but only grow to 5 inches for a 30 gal that is perfect

Yea, of course I meant something like a bn pleco, clown pleco, bulldog pleco aka rubber lip, rio negro pleco, or golden nugget pleco
I didn't mean something like a common, sailfin, rhino, or royal

You will see a lot of false julii cories. They are playful and always at the front of the tank where they can browse the bottom without bumping into plants. Put an airstone in a front corner and watch them ride it up over and over again.

Well I have the opportunity to get a super red marbled pleco and some cories (dont know what kind yet). Not sure if I want the pleco.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom