can i add more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbundy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
do u guys think i can add more fish? maybe more red or boemani rainbows cause i knoe they normally are schooling fish? if yes wich ones u reccomend and how many

thanks much

69gallons
1red rainbow
1boesmani rainbow
2rosy barbs
1red torpedo barb
2 3.5inch blue jack dempseys
2 clown loaches

More Rainbow's would be nice, as I'm sure the others would enjoy having more fish to play with.

Having those Jack dempsey's in there makes me a little cautious on adding any more fish. I know they can get pretty mean, so I really can't offer any good advice about your stocking.

With having such a big tank, I really don't think it would be a problem, but lets wait until others who have or have had experience with Jack dempsey's chime in.

I take it your Jacks are fairly young?.. I had one a while back and it got about 8inches or so...
I usually use the rule of 1" of fish per gallon
I dont know if anyone else uses that, but thats usually what I try to keep under

I would not add any more rainbows ($$$), my female JD would eat them in a heartbeat, only a matter of time with your JDs.. Maybe some more clown loaches and a cheaper dither fish like giant danios or rosy barbs. What sex are your JD's? Any pics?

I'd get rid of the JD's add more rainbows and rosy barbs. Both those fish like schooling. I'd get one more clown loach but be prepared that in a couple of years the clowns will need a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom